Author Topic: are my?tery figure parts available?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: are my?tery figure parts available?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 14:58:27 »
Tahra is right: if you "View Source" for, say, http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Spareparts?pid=5139, near the bottom, you'll see a list of partnumbers, setnumbers, German names, and prices, like...

'30009552','5139','Grundfigur','2,70 €',

This, weirdly enough, does not correspond exactly to the parts illustrated in the Flash file: but if the part you click on in the Flash file ISN'T in this list, you'll get "Das gewünschte Ersatzteil ist leider momentan nicht verfügbar." (Not available.) There doesn't seem to be a way to order parts that appear in the source list but not in the Flash file, except the old-fashioned way.

I've written scripts to harvest this data and that available in the Flash files, so there's nothing here (except prices) that isn't in PlaymoDB, unless it's so new I haven't gotten to it yet. Most of the TO BE ASSIGNED parts and their German names come from here, though, so things do end up in limbo if I can't find out where to assign them, or haven't gotten around to adding the names and categories to parts.

Getting off topic! Basically, look in Klicky-Body Parts, Wearable-Hair, Wearable-Beards, or Wearable-Accessories for a reasonable number of mystery-figure parts, as well as the usual places for other accompanying regular parts. I have to assign them by deduction, though, so they're coming along slowly.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 15:52:27 »
I've written scripts to harvest this data and that available in the Flash files

You went farther than me - I didn't touch the flash..

Do you have a way to know which files are new though?

(maybe I should email you..)

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 15:58:53 »
Interestingly enough (to the part-number geeks out there) most of the Klicky Body Parts I've discovered have been parts of mystery-figures, but showed up in the parts-lists (on playmobil.de) for OTHER sets. For example, the legs with black boots that the pirate in Series 2 has, are listed in the HTML source for the parts-list for 5139 - Soldiers Fort with Dungeon, because they also appear on 30 00 9562 - Clerk to Bastion Commander. There are quite a few like that. Lately, such as in the High-Performance Athletes, the body-parts have been shown explicitly on the parts-picker pages, not just in the source, which is handy because then I have a picture! But the others, I have to deduce from figure-photos - process ongoing. Any numbers anyone finds out from DS, please pass them on.

thanks, heather. i was wondering about the degree of recycled parts. hard to know whether this will mean they are more available to us but with the ds number, it should at least make those efforts easier...now i just need to work up the nerve to decisively get my first ds parts order in!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 16:12:41 »
Tahra is right: if you "View Source" for, say, http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Product-Spareparts?pid=5139, near the bottom, you'll see a list of partnumbers, setnumbers, German names, and prices

Aha, found it, thanks Tahra and Heather!  ;)
I had never scrolled down enough before!   :doh:

So, regarding bodyparts,  this only works for parts that also come as loose pieces with mystery figures?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 16:53:56 »
No, not necessarily: it's just a tendency. I just wanted to point out a good place to look, rather than depending on them being listed as sub-parts of the mystery figs. They'll get there eventually. I'm adding pictures now as a matter of fact, that will help.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 19:07:52 »
If only PM would release their lists of part numbers directly to the fan community! I don't think the information is likely to be commercially sensitive is it? It would certainly help track down missing bits (especially from sets with no instructions, older sets, etc.) I have already drafted a question on this subject (and discussed it with Heather) to ask PM via the PCC forum when they put a suitable staffer up for interrogation!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 20:15:21 »
If only PM would release their lists of part numbers directly to the fan community! I don't think the information is likely to be commercially sensitive is it? It would certainly help track down missing bits (especially from sets with no instructions, older sets, etc.) I have already drafted a question on this subject (and discussed it with Heather) to ask PM via the PCC forum when they put a suitable staffer up for interrogation!

You dreamer, you... ::)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 21:54:52 »
hmm...did you just reference the figure, pynedor? thanks for any hints!

No, I used the actual part number for the black platelegs. I was told that they were in stock, but my order arrived without them, and the invoice listed them as being out of stock. :-\

They are the only individual Fi?ures part that I have tried to order.
~Pynedor~

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 05:00:10 »
No, I used the actual part number for the black platelegs. I was told that they were in stock, but my order arrived without them, and the invoice listed them as being out of stock. :-\

They are the only individual Fi?ures part that I have tried to order.

thanks for the tip, pynedor, and thanks everyone for your input.