Author Topic: 4138 set - a sign of things to come ....????  (Read 6022 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: 4138 set - a sign of things to come ....????
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 23:04:55 »
oh , i was sometime obssest with the titanic ........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saalGKY7ifU :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 07:02:52 »
I would love , love to see playmobil making some other dimesions of these bricks and use them to build castles etc . What a lovely thought .. Buy thousands of these bricks and built walls and fortifications, have many types of brick for square and round towers , aw,  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 23:49:54 »
I bought this set the other day because it was 50% off because the store is making room for the new sets coming.  The bricks are nice.  They would make cool castles if they would have different styles like angles and curves.  They are abit thick so playmobil would have to make different door and window frames.  I guess we will have to wait and see if this is a new direction.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 04:02:41 »
Hmmm...?
These bricks might be intresting as castle walls. :hmm:
Though I would love it even more if they just went back to Steck! ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 04:20:42 »
Hi. I also have this set. I like it, but its playvalue is limited. You definitely need several of these sets or a big DS-Order before you can build any with it.
Furthermore, I dislike that it is not at all compatible with the older building systems. :)

This set is for sure no sign of upcoming new systems. Basically, you can build nothing out of it.
And I am sure, nobody here wants to build a castle out of these... ;)

best,
socrates

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 05:18:47 »

This set is for sure no sign of upcoming new systems. Basically, you can build nothing out of it.
And I am sure, nobody here wants to build a castle out of these... ;)

It will probably take ages to build as well... in a grand scale that is...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 05:29:37 »
I had thought of using this to build walls between exhibits in my zoo, but I came to the same conclusion that there were not anywhere near enough of them in a set. It would take hundreds of them! I do wish they had something like this that's a little bigger. It would be nice for building really customized walls. But I guess it would seem like they were copying lego.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 06:22:06 »
I wouldn't mind a small building component like this within Playmobil , it would really add to one's ability to build whatever you liked.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 07:50:50 »
The points of being non combatible with existing sets and also the small size make these rather un useful. Imagine trying to buind a grand mediaval city with these one would need thousands of these !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 12:18:41 »
The points of being non combatible with existing sets and also the small size make these rather un useful. Imagine trying to buind a grand mediaval city with these one would need thousands of these !!!!

If someone wanted to build a castle with thousands of little building blocks, there's another toy for that!  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.