Author Topic: Minifigures...clearer pictures...are they new??  (Read 13691 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Minifigures...clearer pictures...are they new??
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 18:07:45 »
you have TRU and El Corte Inglés in Brazil?
Brazil?!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 22:59:57 »
Well... Brazilians too speak Portugese.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 02:42:48 »
Tahra,
Glad they got your country straightened out! I love the sound of Portuguese, but only know about 4 words because they force Espanol down your throat in Texas where I grew up. That was a great idea where I lived in the town of Pecos, which was 70% Mexican. (And yes, I do love Mexicans...they built 95% of our house in NC, and we worship the ground they walk upon they did such a great job.)

I like the idea of creating a trading thread for these folks...whatever you want to call them. If the manufacturers want to make it difficult for us to collect the ones we want, then we have to develop a smart approach using all the artillery we can muster. And yeah, we do got a lot of arms from what I can see....enough armies to slay more than a few mean dragons from the looks of the photos on this forum!

Having someone develop a barcode chart to who is who is the first step. Folks did this for the L collectables, and could use the iPhone app in the store to get the ones they wanted. Then L charged back removing the individuals barcodes in later rounds.

So then buyers had to start buying all of them and trading/selling the ones they did not want. You can find many of these on bricklink at reasonable prices. EBay ones are usually expensive. So let's figure out how to do our own trades without ripping everyone off.

Count me in, Pgal :wave:

PS: Gonna rummage through the FL FunPark soon and see what I find in the store. Will report back as soon as I do.
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 02:53:05 »
Well, since they are all the same price it can just be straightforward, even trades, one complete, opened surprise figure for another. Unless we later find out that they aren't producing them in even quantities, making some rarer than others... but hopefully that's not the case. Maybe once these are available, we can just start a thread where you can post which ones you have that you don't want, and what you are looking for, and then others can answer if they'd like to trade with you. I suppose it might get confusing if there's a lot of activity in the thread, but i doubt it will be all that busy. If it is, we may have to figure out a different way. But maybe if we had a certain formula, like post what you're looking for in red, what you're willing to trade in blue, so people can see at a glance, and we could have an index of standardized descriptions of each so that there is no confusion as to which klicky we are talking about, especially since there are three that could be described as princesses, a male and a female rock star, etc... there could be miscommunications.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 07:40:40 »
Well... Brazilians too speak Portugese.
A lot of people would say that's debatable  >:D

On topic..

Well, since they are all the same price it can just be straightforward, even trades, one complete, opened surprise figure for another. Unless we later find out that they aren't producing them in even quantities, making some rarer than others...

Agree. Maybe just start the thread with a post with a pic and "name" for each figure... Then EVERYONE in the thread refers to the same klicky by that name, so there are no confusions.

And I seriously doubt there'll be different barcodes in the packages. That's moronic, assuming they're supposed to be a surprise... But then again, if Lego did it... Gods, don't they think? You could just do a list on a piece of paper and check  ::)  I'm not saying that wouldn't be good for us, that'd be great. Just think it's unlikely. You know, the "learn from other people's mistakes, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself" thing...

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 10:52:09 »
I know I am a late entry in this topic ... but am I the only one in thinking that the girly klickies are much better then the boy bags ???

But I want one of each anyway  ;D.
To be honest, I had hoped they would have been on the shelf by now  :-[ Slightly disappointed by that.

Can't wait!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 10:56:11 »
I think I must have them all...but since you mention it, the women are much more detailed and exciting!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 10:59:31 »
From the German forum I got the news they should be released within the coming days. They're already available at the German Funpark I believe...

Btw, can't the thread title be renamed "surprise figures" or "surprise klickies"?
They aren't "minifigures" at all like the L*** ones!  :hmm:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:52 »
You guys really like the surprise bags. Yes....maybe someone can open a thread about exchanging, or organizing group order if we have different taste. The evil L___ minifigures came in different quantity in a box. There might be less those more popular ones.  BTW...do you guys think the gimmick of interchangeable parts fail flat? Since I doubt the helmet of the football player would look good on a knight. :hmm: