Author Topic: The Carribean Queen  (Read 9232 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: The Carribean Queen
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 14:09:33 »
I reported myself to me as I am a moderator for threadjacking and let myself off with a warning. :)

I then reported you to me for threadjacking, and as this was the second threadjacking case reported to me today, I've decided firm action is needed or everyone will be threadjacking! ;D

Thank you for your prompt and efficient handling of these blatant transgressions, Gordon. You'll no doubt be "Mentioned in Despatches" ... Wouldn't be surprised if you were recommended for the DOPF ... ;)
(Distinguished Order of Playmofriends!)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 14:16:20 »
(tries to pretend that she hasn't even noticed the blatant off-topic discussion happening here :P)

DD, your Caribbean-flavoured ship and it's fruity Queen look absolutely delicious... er, I mean delightful!
:D

I really do like the combination of the bright colours and the customs sails you created. Just the thing I needed to warm me up on a cold winter's day like today. ;)

Thanks for the pics!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:09:42 by Sylvia »

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 22:15:09 »
Thank you all for these nice comments. Was there somebody going off-topic? Didn't notice that - my English is not that good  :lol:

BTW, I searched for a picture of Carmen  ;)
Compared to the Queen, Carmen's hat is like a poodle compared to a Great Dane  :D

OK, now this is scary. The Mortis, flagship of the undead pirates, will have a cage instead of the cargo platform as well. I have just been waiting for the right ship to use this idea on and you beat me to it! :P

Looking forward to view this ship, and I'm quiet sure that you will give an extra twist to the cage to perfectionize the idea  ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 22:38:44 by deadeye dick »
Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 22:33:35 »
Exactly what I thought, DD ... but you know how things can get exagerated over tine  :P
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 08:24:46 »
Got to agree with you on the hat, DD :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 10:21:35 »
This is a very fancy one. All the extras make this originally bland looking ship a real stunner.  :)
Cheers
Michael

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 15:04:19 »
Compared to the Queen, Carmen's hat is like a poodle compared to a Great Dane  :D
Got to agree with you on the hat, DD :wave:
Exactly what I thought, DD ... but you know how things can get exagerated over tine  :P

As much as I hate to just "go along with the crowd," I have to agree with y'all (David, Gordon and Mal!) ... ;)

(I really had to think long and hard about Mal's comment, before finally admitting that she was probably correct.) ... ;D

David (DD), I just took another look at your spectacular "Caribbean Queen." I love it! And, as Cap'n Henry always says, "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery" ... So, don't be surprised if you see some photos of a similar ship actually sailing in the warm waters of the Caribbean ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 15:17:21 »
One doesnt have to be old to know about Carmen Miranda
You just have to be a fan of old movies  :P

M

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 15:40:13 »
One doesnt have to be old to know about Carmen Miranda
You just have to be a fan of old movies  :P

M

Hmmm ... No one can argue with that kind of logic, Meg! ...  :)9

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
Behind the Carmen Miranda hat...
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 18:44:28 »
The base for the fruity hat is a redrock hat... I used some PM fruit, but it's actually too big.
A few weeks before I went to a Thai restaurant we're I got a little present: a small wooden  sloop with a lady and... fruit  ;D Actually I had been looking for smaller fruit in toy shops, but I didn't find it. So, the wooden sloop was a gift from heaven  ;)

As you can see on the picture, it's not finalized yet. And it will not before I find the right fruit  O0
Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be