Author Topic: Fire truck stickers  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Fire truck stickers
« on: January 29, 2006, 22:26:04 »
Well, obviously I'm still in some paper work, or to be more precise: now I'm dealing with some self-made stickers.

Recently I started to set up a small fire brigade and for sure in this topic I also will do some customizations. But on the verhicles (with some exceptions) not heavy irreversible ones. So I just started with some sticker modifications/extensions.

Beneath the new original German number/license plates (including main inspection, waste gas inspection and licensing badge  ;D) I've also added some coat of arms stickers. In Germany you can find often the coat of arms of the city on the fire trucks doors (cf. the upper one); the lower one is the fire brigade logo of the county I'm living in (Baden-Württemberg). BTW, the original imprint at the truck side I've removed with some brush cleaner (cf. here for more information).

Still to be done is the imprint with the words "Freiwillige Feuerwehr" (voluntary fire brigade) and the city name right above the coat of arms imprint. But for this I have to make some further experiments with the red color shade, because I want this imprint also in white like the rest on this vehicle and for this have to print the red background on a larger area, and the read shade has to match most closely to the color shade of the vehicle itself. First experiments has been done with the emergency call number (112) that can be seen on the back side of the truck, but the shade is a little bit to dark.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Fire truck stickers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 22:54:45 »
Looks really good! :yup:

I like the way you have personalised the trucks by adding emblems representative of the area you live in.  8-)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 23:06:44 »
Nicely done, Jo.  I'm experimenting with white print on clear Dymo tape in a similar way.

Using your local brigade coats of arms is a nice touch.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:41:00 »
Hello  Little Jo  :)

These are excellent. I really do like how you have made the coat of arms. This is something i have allways wanted to make but dont know how. You have certainly done a very good job  :)9

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)