Author Topic: A Fire Service Major Rescue Unit  (Read 6947 times)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: A Fire Service Major Rescue Unit
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 05:36:35 »
You have out done yourself

I dont know what everything is, but it sure is cool

I have a question about some of your tools, but that is because something similar identical came in an odd lot

you have two jacs, with red screw tops coming out of them.  The red tops are divided into quarters.

Are those red screw things ... lego?
If they are lego, then do you need anymore, I have 1 or 2 of them floating around here with no use for them

Meg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:40:40 by Meg »

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 20:46:44 »
Hello  Meg  :wave:

Thank you very much indeed for your kind reply it is very much appreciated. I am really pleased that you have taken an interest in this theme and are asking any questions you might need answers to  :).
The tops of the jacks are a Playmobil produced part and where orignially axle stands out of one of the garage sets. I imagine the Lego version is quite similar in style as they are quite a generic design. Thank you for the kind offer of sending me yours but i just ordered quite a few from DS :). Besides i would not want you to go to all that trouble just for me.

Just for your reference and if your not familiar with one an axle stand is basically a stand that you can safely rest a car on when your working on it. The top can be raised or lowered to bring it into contact with the underside of the car depending on how high it may be off the ground. You can allways lower the car down with the jack to meet the top of the axle stand instead .

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)

(28/5/03/850)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 09:16:51 »
This is the piece Tim is referring to, Meg.  Here it is in the 3614 racing service truck.

Looking at Tim's pics, he has somehow cunningly combined the red part with part of a fire extinguisher body.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 19:05:07 »
Gordon, thanks for the source pictures.

It turns out I have two complete jacks with a third red screw piece

I didnt know they were PM.

Tim is extremely creative, isnt he?

M

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 20:51:55 »
Great vehicles again Tim.

I like the back of the unit painted yellow and the detail to the generator great ideas very well done. I am just amazed as to how much stuff you get in your vehicles.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 18:50:39 »
Hello  Garry  :)9

Thank you very much for your kind feedback it is allways really appreciated  :)9. Getting all that equipment onto the fire engines causes its own set of problems especially when it comes to putting it all back in the right places after using it  8} !!

Kindest Regards  Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 18:45:57 »
In the first picture you can see the light mast, which can be raised and lowered. The second picture shows the onboard generator that I created in the back by drilling some holes to accept my custom electrical leads (See other Post).

Hi Tim,

where do you have these nice displays in the OnboardGenerator.jpg picture from?

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 19:02:38 »
Hello  Little Jo

Thank you for your question. It is great to see that you have taken an active step in setting up your Playmobil fire service. I really cannot wait to see what you decide to create in terms of future projects. My fire service has certainly become an obsession :lol:
To answer your question the details for the on-board generator come from the sticker sheet to the 3925 Ambulance http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-89-3280
I ordered about 15 of this particular sticker sheet from DS because it has lots of uses. I carefully cut out the switches and dials with a craft knife.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 19:19:30 »
To answer your question the details for the on-board generator come from the sticker sheet to the 3925 Ambulance http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-89-3280
I ordered about 15 of this particular sticker sheet from DS because it has lots of uses.

Oh, clever idea! Thanks for the info.

I have to order one for myself too (one I think is enough for me, because with my scanner and some blank sticker material I can reproduce some further ones  ;D). Maybe I can come back on you for a scan in the case this sticker is no longer available at DS.

:hmm: Hm, I also have to check some other sets where stickers with displays are included (e.g. from the airplane) ... maybe there is also some suitable stuff available.