Author Topic: My Fire Service's Water / Foam Carrier  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
My Fire Service's Water / Foam Carrier
« on: December 28, 2005, 19:22:16 »
Hello  All  :)

Here are a few pictures of my own customized fire service water / foam carrier. It is quite common for a fire service to choose different vehicles or manufacturers to their neighbouring brigades so my vehicle is quite different to Gordon (Playmofire’s) excellent customized example.
In this instance my fire service has adopted a water carrier based on lengthened 3173 Gas Tanker chassis. The extra space gained behind the cab by extending the chassis allows for a large amount of equipment to be carried. If the need arises the tanker can carry a tank full of foam instead of water. This is quite important due to the fact that there is a large chemical works on my brigade’s doorstep.
I would like to take this opportunity to direct you to Gordon’s very informative and interesting post for further information on the uses of these vehicles http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=220.0.

Kindest Regards  Tim  :)9
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 20:07:23 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: My Fire Service's Water / Foam Carrier
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 19:24:00 »
Here is a picture showing the pump bay. This particular pump design has a pick up which is used to fill the tank and a delivery used to empty the tank under force either through the monitor on the top of the vehicle or by other means. Both of these can be seen covered with red blanking caps, delivery on the left and pickup on the right. The small red lever on the far right of the pump bay is a throttle control used to regulate the speed of the vehicles engine and in turn the pump. There is also a radio handset so the driver of the vehicle can keep in radio contact whilst operating the pump.

The second picture shows the monitor, which is now connected to the delivery. Monitors are used to spray high volumes of water or foam onto a large fire.

The third picture shows the tool cabinet with a lift up door. Most of the small equipment is stowed away inside here.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 19:24:37 »
Finally here is a picture showing the large amount of equipment carried onboard the vehicle. One of the interesting additions is a light portable pump, which has many uses in addition to the vehicles own pump.

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 19:41:48 »
Another excellent custom, Tim,  and great photos, too. (Thanks also for your "plug" for my thread!) 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 10:57:44 »
Hm, difficult which of the both customs I like more. On this one I like especially (again) the pump unit (cf. Water-FoamCarrierPump.jpg) with this phone receiver, the use of the lever, and the usage of the dashboard in general. Well done, how everythings fits nicely together.

Where is this shovel/spade with the yellow handle and the silver/gray blade from? I really like this (I have to get my hands on one of this  ;D).

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 12:03:57 »
Hello  Gordon, Little Jo

Thank you both for the kind reply's to my post they are very much appreciated. I felt your article on the water carrier was excellent and very informative Gordon and it was a pleasure to add the link to your post.
As for the shovel Little Jo it comes from set 4420 Off Road Race Truck the individual part number for this item is 30 24 5430. It is quite a nicely made tool and is a great improvement over the old version.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline glazz74

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 18:37:09 »
Very Nice!  and Well Done!

I just love how you guys keep building these custom fire trucks.   :)9