Author Topic: Sep 2020 - Greek Mythology?!  (Read 32192 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Sep 2020 - Greek Mythology?!
« on: December 20, 2019, 18:51:14 »
Seen on THAT site: link

Is that for real!?

My wallet fainted.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Sep 2020 - Greek Mythology?!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 20:09:34 »
I hope those aren't a Greek exclusive like the Gods series. if they are I am going to need help getting that Labors of Hercules set and the Theseus and the Minotaur set. Would love to get the others too, but probably only if they came out at least in Germany if not the US.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 20:31:02 »
The Gnomes are slowly learning...I will get all of them, no matter the cost. The palace is the only set that feels off, the archtecture is from the princess theme and not from actual Greek palaces. The rest though look very very good. The civilian population of the Playroman Empire will just about double.

Hopefully it's just a test release in Greece with wider to come (why don't PM tell us this stuff), but I'd also be happy with different countries getting their own cultural themes.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 21:02:54 »
the Theseus and the Minotaur set

Unless my crude Greek is failing me that's Odysseus vs the Cyclops.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 23:07:38 »
Very cool, thanks for the news!
It is a whole theme (7 sets), wouldn´t that be a bit too much for a Greek-market release only?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 00:57:09 »
Thanks for the news. I understand the enthusiasm that's on display here, but cannot help but feel disappointed about the sets: I haven't spotted one single new partunless they made a new head for the troll/cyclops. These sets are done on the cheap, just like the Gods before them. So, on the one hand, great that Geobra takes an interest in customer enthusiasm for the Greek Mythology theme, but then again a real bummer that they didn't go full throttle and actually commission some spectacular new parts. How I would have loved to hide my heroes inside a Trojan Horse  :'( ... it's never going to happen. Missed chance.

In light of the low-cost approach, I guess these sets, too, are produced exclusively for the Greek market (and Benelux DS, hopefully ;D).

Best wishes
StJohn
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 08:34:56 by StJohn »

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 09:11:16 »
Unless my crude Greek is failing me that's Odysseus vs the Cyclops.

Can confirm, spent five years of my life studying Ancient Greek!  8}  Though, doesn't that Cyclops have one eye too many?

I understand the enthusiasm that's on display here, but cannot help but feel disappointed about the sets: I haven't spotted one single new partunless they made a new head for the troll/cyclops.

I understand your sentiment! I might be too easy to please, but in spite of the "low-cost approach" I'm stoked that these have been made. Even if it's just existing parts in new colours (crimson toga, a widespread release of the green wreath) I think these sets add a lot of flavour, and the new prints (just look at Odysseus!  :love:) will be a treat for customizers.

(Oh, and can you imagine parents explaining what's going on with Circe and the pigs?  :lol:)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:08:14 by PlaymoCollector »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 10:25:58 »

(Oh, and can you imagine parents explaining what's going on with Circe and the pigs?  :lol:)

Or Zeus and the shower of gold!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 10:34:06 »
Thanks for posting Tahra! Nothing gets past you, does it? Can I get bigger pictures without having to join Fakebook? It amazes me how much detail everyone sees (like how many eyes Cyclops has!) on catalogue pics like these.

... inside a Trojan Horse...

You may have to buy a Barbie horse and a saw!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 13:43:20 »
Tiersammler kindly sent me this link, which has better picture:
http://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-play ... /#msg48826
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)