Author Topic: 7495 knight combat  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
7495 knight combat
« on: February 20, 2011, 22:23:25 »
If I'm translating it correctly..

Just a few thoughts...

This baseplate is the same from 3125 - Superset Knights

Now, this 7495 is a DS set, its in a bag, no box...

What are two new knights doing on a old baseplate, that is designed as a smith forge, with a pirate cannon and rubber/easy to bend and squeeze items (the torches specifically are like that) ??? Is the cannon used for or against the defensive position? I think we discussed this before but cannot recall where...

There is a treasure chest with a trasure included, so I guess the red falcon knight, who is characterised as a thief knight, wants to steal the treasure but the brave lion knight used the forge to create a new cannon, a ship cannon to defend his position... :lol:

Finally, the klickies are not that special, only the red falcon knight is important because his legs could be used for their full dark grey armour knights and these legs can only be found in the 4866 castle and in 4868 set...

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: 7495 knight combat
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 05:31:10 »
Oh come on. Ive seen much worse looking klickies. These are very nice additions to the other sets. Though I do agree that the inclusion of that cannon is silly.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:16:54 »
Thanks for the review, Panos.  The klickies could be useful, but I don't really understand or want the rest of the set.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:46:42 »
...but I don't really understand or want the rest of the set.

I think its once again the ''we need to get rid of old stock'' idea...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:33:58 »
That baseplate looks to have possibilities to me - why not the basis of a battle at the river with three brave knights holding back the enemy hordes like Horatious on the bridge?  Or a favourite bandit spot for waylaying travellers as they have to cross the bridge in single file?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:00 »
That baseplate looks to have possibilities to me - why not the basis of a battle at the river with three brave knights holding back the enemy hordes like Horatious on the bridge?  Or a favourite bandit spot for waylaying travellers as they have to cross the bridge in single file?

I suppose that could work if one used his or her imagination, but even a Playmobil child would be able to easily jump over that stream. ;)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:36:47 »
Thanks for the review Sir Wolf.

I agree that some weird choices were made in the composition of this set, but I will get it regardless, completionist that I am :-)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 10:04:25 »

Nice scenario Gordon!! I like it a lot!!!

And I could go further to say that If a small keep made of steck was beyond the bridge, or the 4133 - SuperSet Castle baseplate as a watchpoint to defend... Oh this is so much fun!!!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 14:34:42 »
Interesting... but these yellow klickies look aweful !!!!  :(
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 16:06:07 »
I say it could easily be used to play out scenes similar to the Monty's Black night . A small creek that could easily be crossed elsewhere but NO its all about honor and the principal of the matter  ;D

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: