Author Topic: All the ghost pirates...  (Read 18341 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: All the ghost pirates...
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2011, 21:50:51 »
thanks for the ship review!  I actually like this older style ship, but this mold somehow begs me to want to "fix" it (as macgayver has).  To give it proper masts, mend the holes in the hull, and make it un-haunted.

I wonder why it only comes with one set of ratlines/shrouds that just dangle on one side with no deadeyes at all.  The rear spanker sail makes no sense to me (as in, if you tried to reconstruct it pre-haunted days, it makes no sense to just be a hanging piece of cloth on a yard arm boom).   Also the holes for the cannons are just damage holes to the ship, not really cannon ports (though I don't think this type of ship typically had real cannon ports anyway).   I also wish it had normal railing (instead of bone railings).

My favourite part really is the anchor.  I wish I could buy two of those anchor seperately to use on my black pearl.  (btw, I know everyone always wants parts numbers to certain parts....is that because there is a place you can order individual parts seperately?  And in larger quantities?  If so, I would order a bunch of these anchors! sorry for my newbiness in this dept)

Interesting how this ghost ship and the 4290 ship both command three-digit prices on some listings in ebay.  Production-wise I can see why, but the product itself certainly does not justify the price, even at the original retail mark at around US$50-$60 dollars.  Just so playskool-ish.

But, I will be buying one of these ships when I can afford it, to customize.  :D
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 23:56:37 »
Yes, if you have the part no. you can order "spares" directly from PM.  See here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1730.0

There was aslo a "What is DS?" thread somewhere but I can't find it.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 23:59:16 »
The anchor chain is a really nice touch. And the swiveling deck is awesome! Great for the ghosts to disappear and reappear suddenly.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 00:36:48 »

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:43 »
Panos, how do they hold to the secret door?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 05:48:25 »
Okay, there is one more.  It is set 7969.  (Yes, I do actually have a ghost pirate, for all those who remember the other thread.)

I hope you don't mind me adding pictures of it to this thread.  If so, please delete this post.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 05:51:46 »
Okay, there is one more.  It is set 7969.  (Yes, I do actually have a ghost pirate, for all those who remember the other thread.)

I hope you don't mind me adding pictures of it to this thread.  If so, please delete this post.

isn't this the one you can only get with mail-in orders?  The only thing disappointing about the ghostpirate clikies is they're not much different from each other.  This one is the same one in the 3-pack set as well as the ship from what I can tell, or very simlar.  I thought about getting him just for completion sakes, but he looks exactly the same, save for the extra barrels/game he comes with.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 06:36:49 »
isn't this the one you can only get with mail-in orders?  The only thing disappointing about the ghostpirate clikies is they're not much different from each other.  This one is the same one in the 3-pack set as well as the ship from what I can tell, or very simlar.  I thought about getting him just for completion sakes, but he looks exactly the same, save for the extra barrels/game he comes with.

Just different colour combinations.  This one is actually unique in the colour combination.  And yes, it is the one you only can get with DS orders.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 08:08:46 »
Panos, how do they hold to the secret door?

There are three holders where you can attache their hands  ;) Have a closer look at the last pic, at their hands!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2011, 08:11:31 »

Thanks for this addition Wesley!! I have not opened my 7969 (despite the fact that I have four of these  ;D) and I see this klicky is different... the stripes of cloth on his legs are white whereas these stripes are red on the 4800 klicky... Its really a swapping of parts among all of them!