Author Topic: Woody Click  (Read 3801 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Woody Click
« on: June 07, 2010, 17:11:38 »
Please feel free to move this as I didn't quite know where to post this

Anyway, another ghastly Playmobil imitation! 'Woody Click!' :confetti:  >:(

I spotted these when I was in TK Maxx on sunday, and had to have them to show. I picked up these two sets, a fireman set and a builder set. They had other larger sets there too, but I just got these two cheaper ones to show, as I wasn't going to waste my hard earned savings on Playmo-fakes :no:

The box makes reference to the company being swiss, German, and then finally 'made in China'

Here are the front images:

And the backs, a clear copy of the Playmobil design. The sets also have a 4 digit code number, similar to Playmobil:

Inside, we find that the pieces are in an egg box type tray, sealed with cellophane, the only plastic used in the packaging, as the box is made of thick card as well.

As well as the contents, comes a mini catalogue - just like Playmobil. Inside the catalogue we find that they do lots of modern themed sets: fire, construction, Police, Polizei etc, and the sets range in size, and subsiquently value, just like Playmobil. These two sets I bought are the smallest set of each theme.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: Woody Click
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 17:17:50 »
Now for the pieces themselves. The builder one seems to come with a lot more pieces than the fireman one, even though it is in the same band.

Now for a close up of the figure! :0

Made from plastic and some sort of wood, we can immidetly see the size difference between them, but at the same time the strong similarities. From the picture you can tell that the qualitiy is not quite there as his hat is on scew-wif:

Thanks for looking,
Damo :)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:33:19 »
Those are pretty grim Damo  :lol:, but thank you for the review!  :wave: I hope their price reflected their quality.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:20:44 »
Those are pretty grim Damo  :lol:, but thank you for the review!  :wave: I hope their price reflected their quality.

Thanks, Gepetto - Originally I only intented to 'report', but my reviewing side got the better of me ;D They cost just £1.99 per set but they are truly ghastly and I won't look at them anymore :lol:

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 09:05:10 »
There is a market for "sustainable" toys-  I know a lot of parents who would be more likely to buy these things for their kids then Playmobil-  Plastic=Bad.
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 14:53:48 »
They remind me very much of some 'official' Balamory figures that we had, they were also made of wood and plastic, and looked very much like these. I've sold them now so can't  check the box. Their main problem was that the arms kept falling off!  - not exactly suitable for pre school children as Balamory is meant to be.  8}  (I did say this when I sold them!!)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 15:56:51 »
Thanks for the photos.  After looking at the figs in the photos and most certainly the comparison between the Woody and the Playmo klicky's, there is no actual comparison and it seems to me that Playmobil should not worry too much with this product.

The Woodies are more suited for the younger kids who do not know better.  The gap between the torso and the legs indeed shows the 'toyism', not the playable and collectable aspects of the Playmobil klicky.

-- Donmobil

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 18:30:36 »
Thanks for the review, Damo.  I'd always thought that these were ALL wood because of the name, but certainly not a threat to PM.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 19:43:55 »
 :o Wow its what would happen if Lego and Playmobil had kids  :lol:
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 22:05:41 »
LE(T)GO my Playmo!

-- Donmobil