Author Topic: klickyklack's small & evolving collection  (Read 10438 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
klickyklack's small & evolving collection
« on: February 02, 2020, 19:35:20 »
I struggle to call what I have so far much of a "collection" but..  8}

These are some old photos from 2015 of my then very small collection of klickys. 

My collection at that point mostly consisted of random figures, a few buildings (3771, 3230s2 & 4455), a couple of the micro sets (pirate ship & ark) & random furniture pieces (purchased for non-Playmobil projects).  As you can see there wasn't much rhyme or reason to it all. 

It has grown significantly since then - I had less than 50 figures in 2015 & soon I'll have more than 200.  I've had some of the bunnys for a while (from buying the bunny school set) & decided I wanted to collect all of them (I just have one more to find now), & most of my newer additions are either the classic early figures, random kids I like, & modern women.

Back in 2015 my collection of lady klickys was limited to random figures that I'd got with sets I'd bought & they were figures I'd ended up with more than ones I really loved (unlike the guys), which I felt quite sad about, & more recently I've been working on rectifying that.

My original collection started in the late 90's/early 2000's - mostly special sets: 3067, 3823, 4194, 4562, 4569, 4572, 4603, 4610, 4617, 4620, & 4999.  I think 3823 & 4999 might have been the first I ever bought (mid 90's?)

I'd love to add newer photos soon, but I currently have an injury which means taking photos is very difficult to impossible.  I'm looking forward to when I can take photos properly again & share some more recent photos of my "collection"

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: klickyklack's small & evolving collection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:56:26 »
Those are some great pics :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 10:54:06 »
I hope you recover from your injury soon. I like your use of colored backgrounds/props. I recognize many of the child klickies; I have some of them myself. I love the mushroom kid.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:07 »
Thanks tahra!

I hope you recover from your injury soon. I like your use of colored backgrounds/props. I recognize many of the child klickies; I have some of them myself. I love the mushroom kid.

Thank you!  I can't tell you how much I wish I'd bought a load of the mushoom boy, I LOVE him.  Why oh why have they never done another with that hat!?
I hope so too, but it could be over a year  :'( I had a procedure last week & have physio to start, so just got to wait & see.  I have ideas for photos & new klickys to document!!

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 19:58:53 »
Some recent faerie additions, + some classic fixed wrist guys that are a mixture of new-ish arrivals & ones I've had for a bit.  I've been wanting to get a set of the fixed wrist guys in the single colours for so long.  Mine are a mixture of ages (+ the yellow is Playpeople) & not minty, but I adore them & they've been cheering me up a lot today.

The fairies I'm feeling mixed about, I'm pretty picky about the faeries I like but I love these sets & wanted them for the magical animals & overall cuteness as much as the faerie girls.

These are my first faerie girls, I only had mushroom boy (who I ADORE) out of the kid faeries before, & I've had him for a long time. 

The ones that came with skirts are my first with that type of body & I'm not quite sure what I think of them yet or the rubbery skirts (& I really dislike the hard skirts) + I was struggling to get them to stand up & balance with the skirts on.   :-\
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 20:11:31 by klickyklack »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 09:19:12 »
Nice display of those 5 fixed-wrist klickies with matching hats!

Which bunny are you missing?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 16:32:56 »
Nice display of those 5 fixed-wrist klickies with matching hats!

Which bunny are you missing?

Thanks Graham!   The guys had fun hanging out at the vacation cottage over the weekend, meanwhile I was frustrated because I couldn't find my box of furniture which had the rest of the pieces for it (typically found it a day or so later  ::) )   I think this was my first building so I have a real soft spot for it (but I love the 80's City Life sets)

I'm missing the bunny boy from 4459.  I started out with 4455 (the bunny school) which I bought for the mushroom building over 10 years ago, & thought they were really weird at first, then they slowly grew on me & I found myself wanting all of them  :lol: I haven't been completist about getting the rest of the sets, but wanted all the figures. 4459 has been eluding me (at least for a reasonable price)  :-\

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 16:36:44 »
More of the guys goofing around at the vacation cottage.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 13:53:16 »
Photo of (most of) the rest of my small sub-collection of fixed wrist klickys + my classic kids. 

My aim initially was to get just the solid colour fixed wrist guys, but I've ended up with a bunch of others (who I love & appreciate more & more), & I imagine more will be added eventually.  8}  No all black guy yet   :lens:

Then with the kids, I've got an all white girl. & another red/white boy since I took this, & will take another photo once I've got a green/white boy.  I wonder why they never did a blue/white girl!?  ???

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 19:33:29 »
These are the rest of my current collection of fixed hand klickys.  The pastel guys from 1974 were supposed to be my birthday gift.  Er, they're over a month early but I couldn't put them aside & wait to play with them :lol:

The other 2 are my first & only Famobil klickys so far.