Author Topic: 18th century/ sneaky pirates line  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 18th century/ sneaky pirates line
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 17:33:20 »
Why not? There are plenty about! And it's better than calling them ******* or ********, or even ***** !

You make a solid case.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2020, 10:49:29 »
AT LONG LAST. After what felt like an eternity, I'm finally coming back to this idea! AND I finally finished my interior of the castle. It's just a first design, I might refine it, but here it is for now!
https://hlootooart.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/CastleBackView-scaled-e1602413000251.jpg

Sure is a nice palace. It would be a shame if someone....ransacked it>:D

I have no idea who this would appeal to, but it was fun to conceptualize. I used the actual Versailles' room interiors for inspiration. (Fun fact: Klickies can swing on the chandelier. :))

I'll do the furniture later, but for now.... I must rest...  :zz:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 11:25:56 by Janilew »

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 01:39:50 »
Also, the white panels in the brown room on the second story are placeholders for paintings (to be stolen of course), and the room dividers are actually arches. I imagine if this building were to be pitched, it could possibly appeal to boys and girls like this: have the "boy" side stress things like thievery and breaking and entering; and the "girl" side general princess-y stuff like ballroom dancing, dress up, tea parties (something I'd actually like to see!), etc. I'd take it even further by emphasizing the modular aspect, by selling add-ons and rooms with different purposes to appeal to both sides. Like maybe a ballroom is sold with one room add-on, and a war room or whatever is sold in another room add-on. Towers, a dungeon, a pavillion, an armed gate, a scullery, there are many different routes to take. And the best part is, it's up to the child of what goes in or out the castle!

Any suggestions/improvements to be made on this castle/palace are fully welcomed!

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2021, 21:10:29 »
Over a year later and I finally figured out how to post pics outside of a link.  8}

Rococo dresses:

Palace:

Fort:

Believe it or not, I'm still into this idea. In fact, I was working on a bakery and new molds it might have.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2021, 00:22:15 »
If the Gnomes of Zurich had any sense at all, they would hire you immediately Janilew  8-)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2021, 01:00:25 »
If the Gnomes of Zurich had any sense at all, they would hire you immediately Janilew  8-)

Thanks!  :captain: But I sense it'd be like pitching ideas to a brick wall.  :lol:

If anyone has any other suggestions for this line up, feel free to share!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2021, 08:07:52 »
Those are great designs, beautifully presented!  I especially like the bouffant hairstyles, very achievable in PM.

Geobra do steal ideas from here, as Tiermann and Playmofire have recently attested, so watch for your ideas appearing in future Figures Series at the very least! I would certainly buy 'em!  :wave:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2021, 08:45:08 »
Wow, I'd love those buildings in steck! :love: