Author Topic: Letter to Playmobil  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Letter to Playmobil
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 00:55:57 »
i placed an order for 30 complete western cannons

:omg: :(o):  8}

I need those cannons too!  :hmm: The barrels that is, not the gun-carriage. They can be fitted to the pirates' cannon, and I intend to equip a few (8 or max. 12) with this Western gunbarrel: smaller caliber but longer range...

to build my 700 strong red coat army

My intend is about 225-230 Redcoats max, not more.  I've about 145 custom-Redcoats now (130 privates and 15 officers)... I intend to compose the rest of the army with the new to be released Redcoats (both regular sets and DS). They'll be the opposition for my French army that is now complete (200 privates + ca. 30 officers).
Personally I find those quantities enough to make a relative big setting, with one army (English) as the garnison (right word?) for my island-harbour-fortresses and the other one as an (amphibious) attack force.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 01:39:28 »
George, I'm curious as to how you decide on the exact number you want of a certain item. :lol: You seem to pull random numbers out of the air.... 30 cannons, 700 redcoats, etc.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 06:46:52 »
George, I'm curious as to how you decide on the exact number you want of a certain item. :lol: You seem to pull random numbers out of the air.... 30 cannons, 700 redcoats, etc.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

30 western cannons = 15 for union and 15 for confederate armies
or
30 western cannons for the British Army i dream to create

700 Strong army : 15 x 30=450 regular infantry men, 15 companies,  also 15 captains for each of this company  make a total of 465 klickies so far. For each cannon 3 soldiers crew : 30x3=90 klickies, total so far is 465+90=555 klickies. Cavalry/ Lancers  will have to be at least 150 so 555+150= 705klickies. So i need actually 5 more !!!!! thanks for brining this up BB, i was wrong in my calculations !!!!!

;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 14:31:27 »

I need those cannons too!  :hmm: The barrels that is, not the gun-carriage. They can be fitted to the pirates' cannon, and I intend to equip a few (8 or max. 12) with this Western gunbarrel: smaller caliber but longer range...

My intend is about 225-230 Redcoats max, not more.  I've about 145 custom-Redcoats now (130 privates and 15 officers)... I intend to compose the rest of the army with the new to be released Redcoats (both regular sets and DS). They'll be the opposition for my French army that is now complete (200 privates + ca. 30 officers).
Personally I find those quantities enough to make a relative big setting, with one army (English) as the garnison (right word?) for my island-harbour-fortresses and the other one as an (amphibious) attack force.

I believe the word you're looking for Hadoque is "garrison" :wave:
To me the western cannon is a no brainer for rerelease.  All the ACW buffs and the folks who make the huge Napoleonic armies would order tons.  Then people like me who want a couple can get their hands on  it too.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 20:43:11 »
I believe the word you're looking for Hadoque is "garrison" :wave:

Yes, that's it! thanks  :) It's called "garnizoen" in Dutch, I mixed the languages up...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 02:50:08 »
... i was told all the parts for a compelete western cannon are available except the main cannon itself ( part no 30666090 ).

I think it's not surprisingly that they are out of stock but when I understood you right 30 66 6090 is not available but have you tried to get 30 65 8320 - Cannon, shooting instead? That is the newer canon so maybe this one is available.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 04:49:25 »
We asked for all three types of cannons.... we've been told that non of them is available...

30 66 6090 - Cannon, narrow, non-shooting
30 65 8320 - Cannon, shooting
30 66 6110 - Cannon, narrow, shooting
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:05:20 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 07:59:52 »
perhaps our friends in other countries than greece can give this a go .....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: