Author Topic: The best way to place my DS order?  (Read 6216 times)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
Re: The best way to place my DS order?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 14:24:50 »
Actually it's better to give your own description or playmodb's, so they know what you mean, if there's a doubt. I just received an invoice from PM France and the item # 30 88 1412 is called "INJECTED AND PLATED IN CHINA", how's that for shiny silver armgreaves?  ;D ;D ;D

Arnaud

By the way: we never get free p&p here in France.  :'(
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 18:20:43 »
A little tip if you don't restrict your order to 3 or so pages (as mentioned above, my recent one was 16 pages) ...

if you are familiar with using tables, make a fourth column for yourself to remind yourself what you want the pieces for (eg I needed trolley wheels for a couple of different trolleys, and two different kinds of motorcycle centre stands, etc) so that when you get bags and bags of unrecognisable bits you know what they are. Particularly if some of the order relates to things to enhance your collection, rather than to replace lost or broken parts. Sometimes it's really hard to work out what the bits are when they come (I spent ages trying to identify the back rack for a motorcycle  :-[ :-[)

Before you send the order in, delete the column and re-save so you have two copies - one for Playmobil with three columns, and one for yourself with the fourth reference column.

I've just re-read that and it sounds complicated.  Hopefully, if you already know what I mean it won't sound too bad.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 18:22:54 »
I understand, and it's a great idea! I think I may do that for my next order!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 19:26:11 »
Complicated at first glance, but makes a lot of sense when I reread it! Great idea! :clap:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline twconstantine

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 19:32:30 »
Do you put your address and credit card information in the email you send them?  They sent me a list and prices, and I emailed them back saying, now what but I haven't heard from them for a few days now.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 19:35:02 »
A little tip if you don't restrict your order to 3 or so pages (as mentioned above, my recent one was 16 pages) ...

if you are familiar with using tables, make a fourth column for yourself to remind yourself what you want the pieces for (eg I needed trolley wheels for a couple of different trolleys, and two different kinds of motorcycle centre stands, etc) so that when you get bags and bags of unrecognisable bits you know what they are. Particularly if some of the order relates to things to enhance your collection, rather than to replace lost or broken parts. Sometimes it's really hard to work out what the bits are when they come (I spent ages trying to identify the back rack for a motorcycle  :-[ :-[)

Before you send the order in, delete the column and re-save so you have two copies - one for Playmobil with three columns, and one for yourself with the fourth reference column.

I've just re-read that and it sounds complicated.  Hopefully, if you already know what I mean it won't sound too bad.

If a spreadsheet version of the order form is used, the fourth column can simply be hidden before sending the order in to DS.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 19:37:29 »
Do you put your address and credit card information in the email you send them?  They sent me a list and prices, and I emailed them back saying, now what but I haven't heard from them for a few days now.

I have my address and 'phone number in the footer of the order form.  After the order has been processed, UK DS email the total cost to me, together with details of any items not available, and I 'phone them with my credit card details.  I NEVER put bank account or credit card details in emails or letters.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 23:41:09 »
I believe in the email you got, it should have told you the number to call to pay for it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 00:35:43 »
That's how it usually works.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline gisa

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • work website
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 01:32:22 »
that's funny that they said you were missing parts b/c you sent a spreadsheet.  i sent a list and they asked me to put my order in a spreadsheet next time.  hmmmm......
adalgisa nico