Author Topic: The best way to place my DS order?  (Read 6155 times)

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
The best way to place my DS order?
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:30:52 »
I want to place a fairly large order for the 5301 extension floor, the stairs to go with it , the victorian fence and a load of spare parts but the last time I placed an order that contained mixed items from the DS catalogue and spare parts I sent a spreadsheet and some of my parts were missed off the order.  They were very nice about it, however, they said it was because it was in a spreadsheet...so what is the best was for me to do my next order?  I know they don't do large orders over the phone. 

Thanks,
naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Re: The best way to place my DS order?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:57:06 »
The last one I did, I just did in table form, ie three columns with part number, description and quantity. I sent it as an e-mail attachment.  It ran to 16 A4 sheets and they got 98% of it right!! I got a couple of bits I didn't ask for, double the quantities of some bits (fortunately little ones like flower heads, and I can live with that) and missed off about four things.

They e-mailed me back the day after I sent it to tell me which parts they wouldn't be able to supply (ie out of stock/discontinued) and gave me a quote for the amount.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 15:04:13 »
In the past with UK DS I've used a spreadsheet without any problems but in the last year so switched to a table form with columns for part number, description and quantity in  that order.  I also sort the items into ascending numerical order as this helps the encoding.  The form also shows my customer number and the date of the order at the top of each sheet and my name and address and 'phone number in the footer.

When it comes to ordering spare parts and items from the DS catalogue, you need to put in two separate orders, one for spare parts and one for the DS catalogue items as they are processed separately.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 15:11:07 »
Gordon's order sheet works well for my DS parts orders, too. It is extremely easy to use, & keeps things orderly. ;)

Gordon, is it a possibility to post an example of a order sheet with numbers, etc. to show how we've been using this method? ???
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 20:17:24 »
That would be great. I have never placed an order either, but would like too  ;)
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 20:24:05 »
Gordon's order sheet works well for my DS parts orders, too. It is extremely easy to use, & keeps things orderly. ;)

Gordon, is it a possibility to post an example of a order sheet with numbers, etc. to show how we've been using this method? ???

No problem, Bill.  I'll sort something out in the next 24 hours.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:54:15 »
We were given a spreadsheet file from Playmobil Hellas stating our personal details and the coloumns with the part number, the set number of which the part comes from, the quantity, and finally the description of the part...But that is only working for us in Greece as the solution is temporary until being final...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 18:53:21 by bonniebeth »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 13:43:06 »
Here's a sample of the DS order form I devised after talking with UK DS.  I usually limit it to no more than three pages, but that's from my own experience of working with data preparation.  As you can see, the items are in ascending part number but that doesn't mean that you have to enter them in that order as you can do a data sort on the part number column when the order is complete and before emailing it off.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 14:01:35 »
I don't.... see anything.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 19:17:26 »
I think Gordon forgot to attach it or post the link? :P
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: