Author Topic: Instructions for 3551  (Read 21105 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Instructions for 3551
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 10:48:14 »
Lovely set! Very historical!!! I hope to get it too someday...
Thank you Panos.... I recomend you get one whenever you can.... it is a lovely set.... but the instructions SUCK!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 22:36:44 »
I want to thank publicly to Gassy who has mailed me the original instructions  :love: :love:
Thank you Gassy!

Now...anyone has pictures???? The instructions don't show how to put the strings on....  :eh?: :eh?:
I have the catalog pic which is helpfull but not sufficient....
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 23:33:23 »
I want to thank publicly to Gassy who has mailed me the original instructions  :love: :love:
Thank you Gassy!

Now...anyone has pictures???? The instructions don't show how to put the strings on....  :eh?: :eh?:
I have the catalog pic which is helpfull but not sufficient....

I was just getting ready to tell you what you have already discovered Gaston! I'm currently taking pictures of mine that I will attach to this thread. When I saw the lack of string attachment detail, I figured it wouldn't do you much good.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 23:34:53 »
Why wouldn't the instructions show how to attach the string?  ??? That's crazy.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 00:43:42 »

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 14:26:26 »
WOW BILL!!!! Thanks a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what I needed! But how did you figured out how to do all that? are there detailed pictures in the box? or some other instruction sheet I luck of? or you customized it?
I didn't get that grey string but a red one and an orange one.... did you change that!?
The net is genious!!! does that comes with the set? not mine  :'(

Thanks a lot again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:

Why wouldn't the instructions show how to attach the string?  ??? That's crazy.
I don't know! it is so not Playmobil to do that. I thought it was because it is an Antex set but the instructions Gassy sent to me are the original colorful german ones and it is not there either!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 15:08:03 »
WOW BILL!!!! Thanks a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what I needed! But how did you figured out how to do all that? are there detailed pictures in the box? or some other instruction sheet I luck of? or you customized it?
I didn't get that grey string but a red one and an orange one.... did you change that!?
The net is genious!!! does that comes with the set? not mine  :'(

Thanks a lot again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:
I don't know! it is so not Playmobil to do that. I thought it was because it is an Antex set but the instructions Gassy sent to me are the original colorful german ones and it is not there either!

Glad to be of help, Gaston! I went by the multiple pictures on the box to route the string. There is only white, & grey colored string included in the set, no other colors. There are very long sections of different diameter string that need to be cut, & I recommend using a cig lighter to seal the ends to prevent unraveling. The net comes from 2 sets 3789 & 7187, It was used in the helicopter set 3789 to air lift fuel drums, but I find it extremely effective for fishing nets also :)9!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 15:38:51 »
Some pictures of my 3551 Suzanne fishing trawler working with full add on crew & custom equipment. The string that is lifting the cargo hold cover, & empty net, being pulled by Joe the fisherman is a custom addon I did.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 16:28:22 »
Bill this is great!!! Thanks for the extra pics!!!  Great custom fishnets!!!  :)9

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 16:30:38 »
Thank you Panos! This classic set in one of my all time favorites :love:!