Author Topic: 5919 Soldiers Fort and Small Pirate Ship  (Read 20102 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
5919 Soldiers Fort and Small Pirate Ship
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:06:25 »
I have to admit I regret buying this set...

But, there are some good, useful parts in it... certainly not worth it for 49,99 euros though :(

First of all, the sail is horrible!!! To a kid whose parent have bought this set might look awesome and adventurous but not to the adult collector...

The ''fort'' ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) looks more like an abandoned little warehouse, a small room where tools for fixing boats were kept... but it has three interesting pieces:

the spiderweb window,

the rock formation as its side, and the wooden railing at the back...

Lastly, and since there is not much to say about the set...

the soldier klickies are very useful!!! Either for customising or used as is... but the pirates... (how on earth two pirates attack a small ''fort'' guarded by three soldiers and a big bertha cannon  :lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious lttle set!) they are the same as the ones in 5869 - Red Corsair ... and the captain has been used in a blisterpack as well...

Maybe this is another good example that playmobil wants to get rid of stock by creating these exclusive sets... But then again, the smell of the plastic is so fresh... it indicates that these pieces have just come off the production line... unless those littel bags in which klickies parts and accessories are sealed are keeping them fresh...

So if somebody wants parts from this set, better get them from DS  ;D

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: 5919 Soldiers Fort and Small Pirate Ship
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:52 »
Tool shed? Looks more like a latrine ...
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:23:08 »
Tool shed? Looks more like a latrine ...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:12 »
I really like the pirate's legs... The one in shorts.. But that torso is quite common. <sigh>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:31:05 »
I really like the pirate's legs... The one in shorts.. But that torso is quite common. <sigh>

Actually I hate those kinds of legs... even in the new english officers... the look like little boys... at least the ones on 4654 - Pirate dont look that bad...
And yes that torso is common... I so would like to see the one that is similar to this one but has no red stripers 3791 - Pirate And Water Barrel

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:08 »
PM have gotten a bit lazy. They never produced such English soldiers with the fat klicky mold. I liked the Spanish sets from the last theme precisely because there was a fat one among them, which made them look a bit less samey to me. I dont mind the legs. Better those than a peg leg.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:26 »
PM have gotten a bit lazy.

Unfortunately, that has been going on for YEARS. When the viking theme came out I bought everything (duh). I remember when I got to the ship, most guys were FREAKIN REPEATS! It's plain stupid, IMO.

And I'm not talking because we had bought add ons, no.. they were repeats within the CURRENT THEME.

Same with some guys that appear a bunch of times... That fat wolf knight (not you Panos!)/bandit being one of them.

Gods, can you imagine having the possibilities they have, and come up with the same guys over and over again? (or some others that I think must have been made by a color blind 10 year old, but that's something else).

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 12:55:14 »
Nice review, Panos  :yup:! When you said that the fort looks like an abandoned little warehouse, it made me laugh  :lol:!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 12:57:06 »
This is a strange, hodge-podge little set. Looks very much like american exclusive sets usually look. ::) Thanks for the review!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 13:11:22 »
Bad set IMO ::).
The latrine fort could be of use, but that sail is absolutely ridiculous .
Do you think you can remove the skull?
Cheers!
Luciano