Author Topic: New Playmobil TV series?  (Read 5933 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New Playmobil TV series?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 19:13:02 »
Well, I SERIOUSLY doubt it it was their intention, but of course I have no idea.

The only thing I know of Poe is what Orry and Madeline read to each other on the North And South books... Annabel Lee.

Offline TableKnight

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 08:10:17 »
I can't help it - I see "novel more" - makes no sense at all to me  :-\

If I recall correctly, in a lot of the set images there's an emphasis on books and paper with designs for weaponry (like artillary and whatnot), so I think the emphasis on 'Novel' is 100% intentional. Maybe it has something to do with the message they're trying to send to kids? But regardless, it does sound a tad silly....
-TK

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 23:43:18 »

I do hope it sounds better in german. Does it?

I guess "Novelmore" translates into "Neumehr" (*) or "Romanmehr" (**)   ::)

(*): if "novel" = used as adjective meaning "new"
(**): if "novel" = used as a noun, meaning "a literature work of fiction"

Anagrams include

Revel Moon
No more vel
Evel Moron

:lol:

I'd argue that people have never been interested in historical accuracy.

Then I probably am an odd exception?
F.e. I bought my first 3940 (US 3286) "Pirates´ Flagship" almost 20 years ago for the reason it looked more historically accurate then it´s predecessors ...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2019, 16:09:41 »
Except most of playmobil ranges are modern sets and are very accurate with police and fire uniforms, garden centres, horse sets etc all being what you'd expect to see in real life. It's not made flashier or fantasy to fit some narrative, it's just as you'd expect it.

Excellent point. History is being thrown overboard. But at the same time, with the museum specials, the Greek gods, etc., we're seeing a lot of enthusiasm for historical and cultural accuracy. There is a market for it.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 10:57:03 »
After looking deeper into the show and sets, I think it’s starting to grow on me. I can’t help but feel like a traitor however. When I first laid eyes on the castles, I immediately thought “that looks like Imaginex!” But then I watched the first episode (several times)... and took a closer look at the klickies, and their names...and the sets...and now I like them.  :-[ While I find the emblems gaudy (especially that plaid behind the gear), there are plenty of unique items and klicky design here. But what did it for me was naming them. That’s the quickest way to get me attached to something.  :P

I feel like I’m torn between two major generations, neither of which really applies to me because of my age: the old “golden age” that was more historically inclined and larger than life; and the newer, flashier generation that adheres to tropes. On one hand, I like the idea of generic play and leaving things nameless so you can make your own story. I also love historical accuracy and details in sets to make those stories. On the other hand, I’m a major fantasy lover and love a good occasional romp into the bizarre and new. Heck, I think I’m one of the very few who actually liked the ghost pirates!  ;D I felt apprehension against Super 4 once upon a time, but then it grew on me as well. It was still rough around the edges, really rough, but I appreciated the idea behind it.

In fact, Novelmore feels like a retread of Super 4 in several ways, but on a slightly better foot....so far. The first episode had some of the best combat scenes I’ve seen in a playmobil animation, (some) characters I liked (Lucifex and stole my heart), and an engaging plot to me. Instead of anthology, there’s an overarching story, which may or may not be tidier. However, it suffers heavily from cliches in an extremely predictable way: The prince who wants adventure (goody, Alex 2.0...), the girl who wants to take up a job typically for boys but would be ostracized for it (hi Ruby 2.0...), the idiot who’s secretly a genius, “fire bad, water good”; the stubborn, old king who shuns change, etc. I found myself mentally rolling my eyes when Gwynn showed up, like, “here we go again!”  8} God forbid we have actual lady knights in this exaggerated, fantasy setting (especially when the enemy technically has one already, and another will show up soon).

But anywho, only time will tell if this show’s good or not—or if Playmobil will continue this line of thinking for their products. I personally think it’s just a little joy-trip into the realm of make believe, and will possibly be over sooner than they think. Even if it isn’t, I don’t think they’ll truly get rid of contemporary and historical sets. Because I still believe someone, somewhere realizes there’s still a market for that sort of thing.

At least I hope....

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2020, 16:01:07 »
The series has started? Where?  (I am afraid I didn't keep a proper eye on it :( )

I wish they would do a DVD release of Super 4... and this one too... :P

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2020, 17:39:02 »
The series has started? Where?  (I am afraid I didn't keep a proper eye on it :( )

I wish they would do a DVD release of Super 4... and this one too... :P

It'll star on YouTube! And according to the news section, it'll officially premiere on Nov 4!  ;D

And I'm surprised you like either one Lady Tahra, as I was under the impression that you didn't. ??? Sorry if I misunderstood. Either way, I wish the same. It took me and a couple of fellow fans to download what episodes we could off of YouTube (and Amazon) so they weren't lost forever. Some are still missing though.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 17:56:44 »
It'll star on YouTube! And according to the news section, it'll officially premiere on Nov 4!  ;D

And I'm surprised you like either one Lady Tahra, as I was under the impression that you didn't. ??? Sorry if I misunderstood. Either way, I wish the same. It took me and a couple of fellow fans to download what episodes we could off of YouTube (and Amazon) so they weren't lost forever. Some are still missing though.

Ah, ok - then it IS under control  ;D  - thanks!

Me? I am easy to playmoplease... I just can't watch playmohigh because of the silly voices. And I tried!

I really liked Super 4, generally. There was at least an ep that was pretty insulting to women, imo, but... klickys moving?  Hard to ruin. Possible, but hard.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2020, 19:26:46 »
Ah, ok - then it IS under control  ;D  - thanks!

Me? I am easy to playmoplease... I just can't watch playmohigh because of the silly voices. And I tried!

I really liked Super 4, generally. There was at least an ep that was pretty insulting to women, imo, but... klickys moving?  Hard to ruin. Possible, but hard.

I remember being skeptical of Super 4 myself at first, but it grew on me quickly despite it's faults. If only because the idea of Playmobil's themes converging and interacting with each other is a FANTASTIC idea! Shame the Playmobil Movie kinda fell short... Nonetheless, I too am easy to playmoplease as I am quick to turn my opinion on certain lines once the initial reaction settles. After all, the Burnham Raiders have a dwarf, dragons, a pyromaniacal jester and FIRE HORSES!!!!

FIRE HOOOOOORRRRRSEEEEESSSSS!!! I DIDN'T THINK THEY'D ACTUALLY DO IT! I CAN HAVE ACTUAL NIGHTMARES NOW!!!! :yippee: :(o): :rock: :inlove:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 15:03:52 »
The Novelmore animated series will start on YouTube on Nov 4. I'm looking forward to it.