Author Topic: New Playmobil TV series?  (Read 5932 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
New Playmobil TV series?
« on: June 06, 2019, 18:22:10 »
Translated from German & linking to the original article. This is all the info it gives.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: New Playmobil TV series?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 18:35:23 »
Now I understand why some of the new klickies have actual names! It makes sense! And if you check the new Knights theme, it indeed looks like an animated series!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 18:40:56 »
Now I understand why some of the new klickies have actual names! It makes sense! And if you check the new Knights theme, it indeed looks like an animated series!

Thanks! I've only seen the short video clip teasing the new Knights theme. The beginning of a new era for the PLAYMOBIL knights I wonder if this looks anything like what the show will be?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 20:26:15 »
Now I understand why some of the new klickies have actual names!

Goes against all that playmobil stood for, but... Besides, considering quite a few of those are BEGGING to be changed.. well... Meh.

Not sure how to handle that. Probably just ignore the names - I am too old to keep track of them anyways (my memory isn't what it used to be)..

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 21:47:35 »
I've probably missed the forum posts concerning the new theme & the names - could yinz post a link for me?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 07:59:28 »
I've probably missed the forum posts concerning the new theme & the names - could yinz post a link for me?

I don't remember where it was posted here, but if you look at any of the new "knight" theme boxes, the ice and fire ones, they have names of the klickys...  VERY lego like, imo.

Meh.

As to a new series, I suppose it will go the way of Super 4, and they won't allow us to purchase it :(   

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 10:34:00 »
I don't remember where it was posted here, but if you look at any of the new "knight" theme boxes, the ice and fire ones, they have names of the klickys...  VERY lego like, imo.

Meh.

As to a new series, I suppose it will go the way of Super 4, and they won't allow us to purchase it :(

The new series will be about the new Knights theme ;-) and that's why some of the klickies have names. I guess the title of the series will be "Novelmore"....

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 10:39:46 »
I guess the title of the series will be "Novelmore"....

I do hope it sounds better in german. Does it?

Still, I LOVE the klickys (though quite a few of them need.. adjustements..  :P )

And the fire horsy. Let's not forget the fire horsy!!  :love: :love:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 14:38:16 »
People in general don’t care for history nowadays, or at least not the ... ‘historically accurate’ kind of history we’ve known in the past.

All they seem to care about is identity politics, and history is more and more becoming a slave to it.

And that’s where fantasy, I assume, comes in - with fantasy, you can re-imagine history exactly as you want it.

Do you want female knights? You got them! Ethnic minorities knights? Servez-vous!

If they don’t ‘identify’ with whatever product they are consuming - be it a toy, a movie or a book - then it’s not worth a thing.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 15:56:43 »
People in general don’t care for history nowadays, or at least not the ... ‘historically accurate’ kind of history we’ve known in the past.

All they seem to care about is identity politics, and history is more and more becoming a slave to it.

I'd argue that people have never been interested in historical accuracy. History has always been used to further 'identity politics', it just happens to have been the identity of white, straight men as a general rule.

Academic, and popular history, is becoming more interested in different stories and more nuanced. Playmobil, which is a childs toy, is making what they believe will sell to children. The two are not particularly related.