Author Topic: "Innards" of klickies  (Read 2572 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
"Innards" of klickies
« on: June 27, 2017, 20:41:29 »
I've recently bought a 3667 castle complete apart from two of the walls with arrow slits (no problem as I have spares) and all the figures.  However, some of the figures' arms are becoming lazy and their backs are not so strong as they need to be.  I seem to remember discussion about the availability of the framework/skeleton/innards of the klicky from DS, but cannot find it.  Can anyone help, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: "Innards" of klickies
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 22:52:07 »
Ah, I didn´t know at all about inner-frames for klickies being available from DS...
Maybe it are the grey ones from the Surprise Figures? Other bodyparts from these figures are also sometimes available.

Btw;
You can repair loose arms buy closing the armpits on the frame of the klicky somewhat, so the arms can again be hold up firmly.
You could use a tool for that (pincers / pliers in English?). Personally, I bend the 2 sides of a frame-armpit somewhat back towards each other by pressing them against a hard flat surface, like a wooden table or a floor.
This method leaves some local marks on the frame though. Also, if the repaired figures get used much, the arms may loosen up again after a while.
Alternatively, not to damage the frame at all and to get a longlasting solution, you can narrow the armpits with small pieces of thin adhesive tape. This method just takes a little more time and precisionwork.

Loose legs, I repair them by pressing the "backlip" (just a word I use, I mean the part of the frame that fits behind a klicky´s bum) somewhat to the front. You have to be careful and press slowly, too fast/brute or too far and it may brake off. (such a failure happens occasionally).
The older and/or more brittle a frame is, the more careful you should to this.
Like with narrowing armpits by pressing, here too this leaves a pressmark on the part and if a klicky´s legs see much action it may loosen up again.
Here too, you can alternatively use (transparent) adhesive tape to get a more longlasting result.
Cut some small pieces of tape and attach it over the "backlip", especially over the side that will make contact with the legs. Use multiple layers (or somewhat thicker tape) if the legs were really loose. Instead of putting the tape on the (inner side of) the "backlip" of the frame, you can also put somewhat even smaller pieces of tape on the little "bumps" on the sides of the legs that the frame should hold. That makes these "bumps" a bit thicker, so they again will move tighter in the legholes of the frame.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 23:39:35 »

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 00:35:14 »
thanks for the very clear instructions Hadoque  :)

....has anyone experimented with any kind of glue/putty?
....like building up the thickness of the 'back-lip' and narrowing the 'U' socket holding the shoulder?
...might be faster than layering with tapes and simpler than bending :P

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 08:47:35 »
Tape sounds like a good suggestion.
If you're going to try the physical adjustment of the frame, soften the plastic first in hot water, it's less likely to get stress fractures or break.
I find the fi?ures frames to be really good, even new klickys can have a loose frame with a weak arm or they lean forward. Don't recall any of the fi?ures being like that.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 08:52:30 »
Thank you for the detailed guidance, Hadoque.  I'd come across and used the method for the klickies with a back problem, but hadn't come across the one for the floppy arms.

Thanks for the link, Tim.  I shall follow that up since as well as klickies with loose limb syndrome, I also have some spare parts I would like to make into klickies.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 18:53:10 »
Also, one of the Malta sellers has them for quite a good price for 30 at a time
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAYMOBIL-ACCESSORIES-PARTS-INSERTS-SKELETON-A002-L-K-/302363021186?hash=item46663d8f82:g:kXgAAOSw53NY86bC

That´s the seller I used to buy from a lot, without any problems and we had some good contacts by email. Then he suddenly stopped offering playmo.
Now he is back in town since a while, but he had made Belgium one of the very few countries in Europe he wouldn´t ship to anymore.  ???
I asked him why and if he would make an exception for me as we always had flawless transactions. His response: he has added Belgium again as a shipping-destination, but he blocked me from bidding/buying!!  >:( >:( >:(

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 21:08:53 »
That´s the seller I used to buy from a lot, without any problems and we had some good contacts by email. Then he suddenly stopped offering playmo.
Now he is back in town since a while, but he had made Belgium one of the very few countries in Europe he wouldn´t ship to anymore.  ???
I asked him why and if he would make an exception for me as we always had flawless transactions. His response: he has added Belgium again as a shipping-destination, but he blocked me from bidding/buying!!  >:( >:( >:(
He doesn't appear to be selling anything. The frame auction seems valid but it doesn't appear when I click on what his listings are.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 06:29:02 »
He doesn't appear to be selling anything. The frame auction seems valid but it doesn't appear when I click on what his listings are.

He has 582 items listed, 12 of them Playmobil.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 07:25:09 »
I agree with playmofire. Perhaps it depends on which eBay site (.co.uk, .de, .fr, .nl, etc) you are using. If the seller has blocked certain countries, you won't see their items on the eBay site for that country.

Your experience with this seller is very bizarre, Hadoque! Perhaps this seller has caught that 'I don't like money' disease through handling PM?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)