Author Topic: Playmobil.com USA changes  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Playmobil.com USA changes
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:15:34 »
Well i received a notice that the 5780 pirate raft is available so i went to see what it even was. I was now witnessing the new years changes to the site . new Police, construction, 123, specials & life in the city¿  pictures . Some new discontinued items :D, some new best buys :clap:, and some new higher prices  >:(

check it out before things sell out in one day  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Playmobil.com USA changes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 10:37:26 »
Zdrasste, Ras,

I couldn't find the new specials, pirates, or police you mentioned.

-Tim

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 14:47:45 »
Zdrasste, Ras,

I couldn't find the new specials, pirates, or police you mentioned.

-Tim

Neither could I.  Maybe as I'm using a bookmark it's calling up an old page from the cache.  (Although, using the same bookmark to get to the UK pages there are changes, but only deletions so far.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 15:35:35 »
Hello Rasputin!
I couldn't find the new themes on the USA Playmobil website, but it looks quite barren @ the moment with very few items for sale! I hope it's just because of the holidays, & everyone bought everything, not a future trend with lack of available credit, causing limited stock! DS has been low on inventory lately also  >:(!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 15:38:47 »
..it looks quite barren @ the moment with very few items for sale! I hope it's just because of the holidays, & everyone bought everything, not a future trend with lack of available credit, causing limited stock! DS has been low on inventory lately also  >:(!

The UK site is the same as they are clearing out then discontinued items and haven't yet got the new stuff uploaded.  (Well, I hope that's why!)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 16:00:46 »
Maybe i was not specific enough. Well actually i was not specific enough , The Pictures that are the Theme links are new and the sets inside the link have been cleared out but the new sets have not been added yet . Sorry for my misleading post .

"????????????"- pronounced "ZDRAS-tvuy-tye" Timotheos, being less formal in here  "??????"- pronounced "pri-VET" works very well also . You have to remember the the R is not like an english R it is an vibrating kid motor sound with the tongue not the throat .

I guess the site does not recognize foreign text , It is in here
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 19:46:35 »
Maybe i was not specific enough. Well actually i was not specific enough , The Pictures that are the Theme links are new and the sets inside the link have been cleared out but the new sets have not been added yet . Sorry for my misleading post .

"????????????"- pronounced "ZDRAS-tvuy-tye" Timotheos, being less formal in here  "??????"- pronounced "pri-VET" works very well also . You have to remember the the R is not like an english R it is an vibrating kid motor sound with the tongue not the throat .

I guess the site does not recognize foreign text , It is in here

Thanks Ras!

I self-studied Russian for a year in highschool, but never got beyond the "graded readers" (trimmed down re-writes of Russian lit).  I know next to nothing about how it is pronounced or how real people actually speak it.

I did learn to adore Mikhail Lermontov's "Geroi Nashevo Vremeni" (A Hero of our Times), an adventure novel about a Russian officer stationed in the Caucas Mountains.

There is (or was) a Russian Bookstore in Rockville, Maryland called "Viktor Kamkin's" that I used to order books from in the 1990s.  Two of my pride of collection are Tolkien's "Fellowship of the Ring" (Khraniteli) and the "Two Towers" (Dve Tverdyni). 

The "Return of the King" must not have been published at the time...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 19:56:39 by Timotheos »

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 22:43:08 »
if you are still wondering rasputin, this is the 5780 pirate's raft.
i bought one in 2006, so i guess it can't be considered a noveltie.
:)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 02:01:01 »
Timotheos I am now rereading an edited version of " The Grand Inquisitor " by Dostoevsky  8}
wait a minute those pictures are of books written in Russian. You were able to learn to read? I struggle now-a-days to read and i have very few to speak with  :-[

Cachalote I find it odd that they sent me a "item available" notice now, its not even on the web site  ???

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:48:25 »
Rasputin,

The 5780 set is on their site now, several sets and items have been added since last night. Their is a pirate 3 pack in which the center figure looks like he would make a good Sinbad or Aladdin figure with the bald fellow on his left as a sidekick.

Gepetto