Author Topic: GrahamB’s collection  (Read 2120 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: GrahamB’s collection
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 21:16:03 »
Thanks for your comments, guys. Diligence or TV avoidance, your work lights up every day on PF, Jim!

Here is a friend for the scorpion, sent to me by a PM friend. They look like soulmates to me!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 21:28:12 »
They look great together

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2024, 18:18:40 »
Next is Riverdale Station, 4301.
I wanted this beautiful set for a long time, but had almost given up hope of getting hold of it when one came up on eBay for a not-too-unreasonable price and I went for it. Its got RED STECK! And Red toasts!

The secondhand set I bought was almost complete. As usual with sets of this vintage (1987), the building instructions do not show all the set contents.

Trying to find out what the set originally contained was a bit of a challenge, especially what the figures are wearing. I eventually decided that the girl with the yellow dress is wearing a red bow round her neck, the same as the bow worn by the boy clown in set 4787 Musical Clowns.

Eventually, I amassed all the parts of the set, apart from one sticker. I appealed on here and, amazingly, Indianna was able to send me a scan of the original stickers!

So here are pictures of the set…

And here are the set contents, laid out

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2024, 19:36:16 »
Your own Riverdale station, how very exciting  :yippee:
It's one of the few sets on my list of must-but-don't-haves.

Yours looks to be in supreme condition when it's a used set  :o

Red steck  :love:  Red toasts  :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 19:57:08 »
That's a great addition to any collection, Graham
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 22:34:19 »
Great buy

I’ve also been watching out for a more complete train station but most on EBay go for very high prices. I’ve seen complete ones at $300

Your look very clean and complete , great find and addition to your collection

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 04:10:21 »
A real beauty of a set  :lens: :camera:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 05:24:20 »
Next is Riverdale Station, 4301.
I wanted this beautiful set for a long time, but had almost given up hope of getting hold of it when one came up on eBay for a not-too-unreasonable price and I went for it. Its got RED STECK! And Red toasts!

That set is a real beauty, Graham - congrats on finding all the elements!  And thanks for the great photos! 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 16:24:23 »
In my opinion this is a great example of how playmobil was once a great German design. It has childish colors but yet is appealing to adult collectors. The use of stecks system that kept production prices down. Stecks allowed for multiple sets to be combined if you chose, making builders want more of the same set. It fit with so many other stecks sets that you could combine other buildings or safari foundations  together. Simple yet very effective, thought out engineering but effective .

One of these days I think it would be prudent to get a Chinese manufacturer to mass produce the golden year parts and give Geobra the bird
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2024, 02:07:27 »
It's an awesome set and yours is wonderfully complete.  Congratulations