Author Topic: The Mammoth-hunters  (Read 10769 times)

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
Re: The Mammoth-hunters
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 20:38:42 »
Great sets !!!
  Fire and Axe

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 16:26:43 »
We were at a mall out of town.... I should have taken a picture!  :doh: We looked everywhere on the box for a brand name and their wasn't one, but it was obviously a bad rip-off. They even had a Playmobil-like face in the corner of the box. They had both medieval and pirate themes and the box was even blue! I got excited from far away because I thought for a moment that it was Playmobil  :hmm:

Oh how I hate the disappointment when from across the store (usually a discount store) you see that cherished blue box in the distance. Your heart rate starts to beat a little faster and then your get a little anxious as you see a child approaching the same area. You want to pick up a lamp or any damn object on sale to throw their way in a feeble attempt to distract them for your chance to beat them to it. Your in luck, as their short attention span is easily distracted by some cheap Chinese junk, buying you that precious time to get around the slow ladies shopping cart. As you get nearer feeling victory in the back of your throat all your glory is flushed down the toilet in an instant as you realize its only some f-ing knock off. Then you look around as you feel so embarrassed at the whole event and at the things you were willing to do for some more playmobil that you have mountains of already  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 16:29:23 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: This had me in stitches, Ras! I could just see it all playing out!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 16:39:59 »
:lol: :lol: :lol: This had me in stitches, Ras! I could just see it all playing out!

Thanks but I sure hope the CCTV cameras never caught me in action as I really do not want to pay for those lamps  :lol:  that would be less playmobil I could buy  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 16:43:58 »
I can just see you sprinting through TRU, knocking over little old ladies and running over kids with your shopping cart, all caught on surveilance cameras and ending up on world's dumbest criminals, the guy who injured all these people and fled the scene, all over a mistaken-identity toy.  :lol: But then, that could happen to any of us here, I'm sure!  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:58 »
Their historical accuracy is always dead-on, or in this case their pre-historical accuracy.
Not exactly. The ACW needed some work. (Not enough to complain about, though- Except that they never did MONITOR or VIRGINIA.)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 14:31:26 »
We went to a TRU Express tonight and they had NO Playmobil at all, but they had plenty of a knock-off brand that was a horrible copy of Playmobil, but I could find the brand name  ???

We were at a mall out of town.... I should have taken a picture!  :doh: We looked everywhere on the box for a brand name and their wasn't one, but it was obviously a bad rip-off. They even had a Playmobil-like face in the corner of the box. They had both medieval and pirate themes and the box was even blue! I got excited from far away because I thought for a moment that it was Playmobil  :hmm:

Is this one of the sets that you saw?

I was at a ToysRUs and took this photo with my phone.  It is made (in China) by a company called Sun Mate which seems to have a whole catalog of really awful Playmobil knock-offs.  Here is a link to their website:  Sun Mate playsets
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 15:33:40 »
Oh great, those are the ones I see people listing on ebay in the Playmobil category. Why does TRU feel the need to carry playmobil and a knock-off version at the same time? They do the same thing with legos and Mega-blocks

They look so bad 

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 15:42:07 »
Hi Rasputin - you are so right - they are really horrid looking!  I suppose the reason stores carry them is because the icky castle set I photographed only costs $25 whereas a Playmobil version would cost 5 to 10 times as much.  But you get what you pay for.   ;) 

By the way, excellent review of the Mammoth Hunters - these are sets that I will definitely want to get when they arrive in the US!   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 15:51:47 »
I can just see you sprinting through TRU, knocking over little old ladies and running over kids with your shopping cart, all caught on surveilance cameras and ending up on world's dumbest criminals, the guy who injured all these people and fled the scene, all over a mistaken-identity toy.  :lol: But then, that could happen to any of us here, I'm sure!  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this one of the sets that you saw?

I was at a ToysRUs and took this photo with my phone.  It is made (in China) by a company called Sun Mate which seems to have a whole catalog of really awful Playmobil knock-offs.  Here is a link to their website:  Sun Mate playsets

Yup, those are the ones   :no: I just hope TRU isn't testing the market. I especially hope parents don't buy these instead. One of the qualities that makes Playmobil so great is the quality....I imagine these don't compare whatsoever! Thanks for the pics!
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!