Author Topic: Christmas Trains  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Christmas Trains
« on: February 17, 2006, 04:37:14 »
Has anybody else set up a Playmo train for Christmas? Here are pictures of one the kids and I set up last year. It was just an oval of track around a tree and a nativity scene, but it was cool. This year we ran out of time and did not make a layout, but next year it will be bigger and better...

First some views of the train, tree and nativity (which BTW is based on Bart's wonderful System X nativity - the last photo).
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Christmas Trains
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 04:39:01 »
Here are some shots of the train itself. We tried to maintain a Christmas theme throughout, and I think there were at least three or four Santas scattered about the train! :)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 04:42:05 »
Some more photos...

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 04:44:07 »
Last batch of pix - from me. Let's see from the rest of you - we can't possibly be the only people to have a Christmas train!

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 06:07:47 »
I like the use of the gnomes as elves
And the tipper car as a way to haul the toys.

I have never set a christmas train up.
Maybe next year.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:35:24 »
Henry, that is wonderful! :D

I especially like your nativity scene and would like to give something like that a try myself next Christmas. Where do the grey stone walls come from - buildings in the Pirates theme? (We have very few System X buildings and all of those come from the City Life theme.)

I also spotted some nice customs amongst the klickies. Great idea to use the Victorian lady from the 2004 Eggs to make a Mrs Claus! She's certainly a lot less frumpy than other ones I've seen. ;) The dark-skinned shepherd also caught my eye.

Thanks for the pics. Truly inspiring. 8-)
You must spend many hours setting up all your Christmas Playmo, but I'm sure the looks on your kids' faces and the fun you get out of it makes it all worthwhile. :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 13:44:23 »
Hello, Henry ...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Christmas photos.

I have to agree with Meg ... Filling the hoppers of your tipper car with toys is really a cool idea!

And, I love your "livestock" car and your "Santa's sleigh" car!

There are so many details! I'm not sure that I would have seen the dark skinned shepherd nor fully appreciated your Mrs. Claus had Sylvia not pointed them out ...  :eh?:

What I did notice were the Roman soldiers. (A somewhat solemn portent of future events.) ...
But, as a Kingdomality Dreamer-Minstrel might say, "If it weren't for the Roman soldiers, we'd have one less holiday in April ... And, no Mardi Gras! And, no Playmobil Easter bunnies!" I guess that we should always try to look at both the good and the bad, so that we can really appreciate the good that much more!

Thanks again, Henry, for a great Christmas treat. I really do love Christmas! ... :love:

And, my head is still spinning after looking at your last photo! I foolishly just sat there looking at it until I got dizzy ... 8}

BTW ... Did I mention that I really do want to be one of your kids when I grow up? ... :lol:

All the best, mi amigo,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 15:19:35 »
Thanks indeed for showing these, Cap'n.  Excellent detail and lots of fun just to look at, let alone the amount of fun there must have been in planning and setting the display up.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 19:07:00 »
That's a great display. I haven't done a Christmas one. At holiday time I am so busy with work I can only manage smaller decorating projects. It took me two months to do my Christmas Castle display this year. However, in the summer I have lots of time. So this year when the decorations went on sale on the 26th I got in there and picked up a lot of summer themed ones - I was surprised how much was out there. I am planning I think in early July to set up my Summer Tree. With of course a train running around it - the 4005 with the beach scenes on the side. Under it I will set up all my beach theme sets, and perhaps a few pirates. It will be fun and I will be able to really enjoy it since I will have plenty of time and can leave it up for months if I feel like it. So I will post something on this theme - just not until summer. :)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 21:09:39 »
This sure is a Christmas train  :) Very cool photos, thanks for posting  :)