Poll

What do you mostly do with your playmobil?

i play with my playmobil
i display my playmobil
i customize my playmobil
i make dioramas with my playmobil

Author Topic: how do i use my playmobil?  (Read 8103 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: how do i use my playmobil?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 20:28:38 »
Ok, I voted for what I do most, which is make dioramas (I also included the thought of photostories)

Damo :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 20:32:46 »
Ok, I voted for what I do most, which is make dioramas (I also included the thought of photostories)

Damo you have permanent dioramas? have a special  room with all your playmos?  ???
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 20:41:38 »
Damo you have permanent dioramas? have a special  room with all your playmos?  ???

I have a Playmo room (in the shed) but it is too full of boxes to set anything up, so I usually set up a layout or diorama outside and then photograph to put on here.

You can see them in the Photographic section on this forum: My Farm, My garden centre, My Harbour etc.

My biggest one is going to be my Western which I haven't dare'd attempt yet because it used to take at least a week to set up, but I haven't got the room or the time to be able to do it now which is why I would love to do a convention of some sort (well more Elaine's scale than say, Wolfsburg) :lol:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 22:15:46 »
I changed the question to the one suggested by Wolf Knight. :)

thanks sylvia  :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 22:27:04 »
The question is for everyone  :)

Because sometimes I have mixed feelings: should I keep one set in its original factory condition and buy another one to customise, or?

Ever since I started collecting the old knight sets from the 90s, I try to keep them as they originally came out, but the later sets - the ones I bought from the shops - I never bothered doing that. For eg all my blue Romans (specials) i swapped their gold helmet for a silver one) and so on. It's very expensive to buy two of each set ... if not more  ::)

that's up to you if you like to see the box and have it for display you could keep it sealed ,the new boxes are not to be kept you open them use only the toy and trow them away or use them for storage i don't like them at all not worth keeping them ,the roman theme which is one of the best latest themes ,if they had a better box art with dioramas ....etc.. every single box would be on display at my house  0) 0) 0) 0) i don't have many romans either ??? ???  i only have some sets  one ship the tent a couple of soldiers  the blue courage about 5 ceasers , i miss the arena  ??? if boxes were different i woulden't leave a set on the toy shop shelves in my local store  :lol: :lol: :lol:

My ... this is one expensive hobby isn't it?

yes it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 23:10:42 »
The question is for everyone  :)

Because sometimes I have mixed feelings: should I keep one set in its original factory condition and buy another one to customise, or?

Ever since I started collecting the old knight sets from the 90s, I try to keep them as they originally came out, but the later sets - the ones I bought from the shops - I never bothered doing that. For eg all my blue Romans (specials) i swapped their gold helmet for a silver one) and so on. It's very expensive to buy two of each set ... if not more  ::)

My ... this is one expensive hobby isn't it?

NO way!!!! I wouldn't keep them in the box!! I just can't  0)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 23:52:26 »
Hi

That is funny, its a toy and no one voted for using it as such  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 00:47:03 »
I can't really vote because I do the all of those too!  ;D I do keep some in their boxes though.  :)

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 09:23:09 »
Customize, make dioramas, display(some), play...For some people this may sound heretic, but I throw away most of the boxes-for me it's the toy that counts, not the cardboard box...And with the amount I have stored, I'd have to buy another house for storage :lol:!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 09:26:43 »
Customize, make dioramas, display(some), play...For some people this may sound heretic, but I throw away most of the boxes-for me it's the toy that counts, not the cardboard box...And with the amount I have stored, I'd have to buy another house for storage :lol:!

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

I can never throw a box, becuse I think of the value (even though I would never sell) I even keep broken parts, and sprues, now that Indianna suggested it :wall:

But do you at least recycle them :hmm: