Author Topic: "Playmobil Pro"  (Read 10691 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: "Playmobil Pro"
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 14:27:41 »
I'm trying to pretend I haven't seen any of this  8} storage boxes, plain figures & the "goods carrier" (which reminds me of a vintage usherette tray :heart: ).

The price is daft though! :wall: :o

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2020, 18:50:15 »
There is now an itemized user guide available: https://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/PLAYMOBILpro_User_Guide_WEB Thanks to "Coach" at klickywelt for a detailed review. https://klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=71113 I too like the storage containers...

Most if not all of of the parts, besides the white klickies, have been used previously in sets. If anyone's fascinated enough to draw up a list of part numbers for me, I'll make a set page for it. Just for curiosity, I could also find out what parts are available from DS (as shown on the official websites, that is), in what country, and for how much. Maybe it's not such a bad price after all.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2020, 18:54:03 »
Most if not all of of the parts, besides the white klickies, have been used previously in sets. If anyone's fascinated enough
to draw up a list of part numbers for me, I'll make a set page for it. Just for curiosity, I could also find out what parts are available from DS (as shown on the official websites, that is), in what country, and for how much. Maybe it's not such a bad price after all.

Well.. most of the appeal (besides the containers, but I'd need like a couple of hundred, AND space to put them) is the white parts - especially the klickys, and especially the kids/babies...  The rest... whatever.

Mind still boggles at whatever actual non-collector use those could have.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2020, 19:23:23 »
That old-style vacuum cleaner (number 43 on page 8) hasn't been around for donkey's years! There is currently no part number for this, I believe.

It could be useful to identify any parts which are available through DS but which aren't currently in any other sets. If the weather here doesn't improve, I might have time to make a start on a list....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2020, 00:55:30 »
There is now an itemized user guide available

Luckily, otherwise the top brass would have to ask their kids how to put a hat on a klicky.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2020, 07:56:46 »
The Lego version made the UK news recently;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-51490117

"A training session in which councillors were asked to make Lego models has been described as a "waste of time"."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2020, 08:56:36 »
"A training session in which councillors were asked to make Lego models has been described as a "waste of time"."

I am afraid I agree - I mean I suppose play is not REALLY a waste of time, but if they are supposed to be working.. well.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2020, 09:38:22 »
I am afraid I agree - I mean I suppose play is not REALLY a waste of time, but if they are supposed to be working.. well.

And I guess what makes it worse is that they were spending public money on it

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2020, 11:10:12 »
And I guess what makes it worse is that they were spending public money on it

Right! Could be worse, I suppose...

I would really like to know the sales of these... the playmobil ones, I mean... I really think they are interesting only for collectors (though at that price, MILLIONAIRE collectors only)... or for "consulting" companies.. well.. wating their clients time and money - though in a nice way, right?  >:D

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2020, 16:20:17 »
I am no expert in corporate training, but I think sets like this or the Lego version can be used in several ways, especially to develop team working.

For example to help people learn how they work together in teams, Belbin proposed nine roles people in teams take on, such as Resource Investigator, Finisher, Shaper, etc. all of which are vital to effective functioning of the team. In a training environment, a group of people could be given a task to complete, which they might model using Playmobil pieces to represent different aspects of the task. The pieces may be used symbolically or literally, but it is the process of doing this task which is important. At the end, the team members each reflect on the roles they have adopted during the task and consider how they could work even more effectively by strengthening existing roles or taking on new ones, perhaps ones which weren't exhibited during the task. This experiential learning can be very powerful and since it takes place in a safe environment with a simulated task, possibilities can be explored without financial risk, for example. Team members can even challenge their boss in such a situation.

Enlightened organisations spend money on professional development, team development, training, etc. and it is unlikely they would do this without a perceived benefit to their operations. With Playmobil Pro, Geobra are offering trainers a tool which they can deploy with imagination and creativity to achieve training outcomes and to help participants to develop their understanding and insight into their team's or organisation's work. Or even to create a new approach.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)