Author Topic: Indians 4012  (Read 10067 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Indians 4012
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 04:08:18 »
Hardly off-topic, your not talking about your lost car keys  :P IK like these history lessons a lot better than boring cookie cutter school ones  ;)

I think as a general rule we expect playmobil to produce sets of the highest historical accuracy. In this case we are talking about a theme that has not been around for a while and it may be harder for them to market. Perhaps they need to go for all the common, as you called them "stereotypes" to get this theme moving. I really do not care as we all can just simply change up the parts for our particular tastes.

I would like to at least see a building, in stecks of course, that resembed a longhouse. At least then there would be somewhere for all the totem poles to go.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 04:23:18 »
Yeah, that would help. Because I'm going to have some left over totem poles! I've been looking at this review, and I can think of some ways to use multiples of this set and have it not look boring and repetitve. I'm going to want several of these.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 08:15:37 »
We do! And every kid in the U.S. at least and other American countries too, I'm sure, spends a lot of time learning about the indians in their social studies classes in elementary school. So I would think kids might notice the inaccuracy too. Even hollywood doesn't get that wrong!

I knew the western fans would but I didn't realise the educational aspect; I was thinking more of the wordlwide aspect of Playmobil's sales.  Apologies.   :-[
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 15:36:31 »
Well, and it's true that a lot more sets are sold in Europe than the US, and it probably wouldn't hurt sales in Europe.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2012, 02:06:46 »
Well, and it's true that a lot more sets are sold in Europe than the US, and it probably wouldn't hurt sales in Europe.
To that point, I wish there were was an earlier European theme. I guess that the cavemen were an attempt at that...
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 08:10:30 »
History lessons in general are usually handled poorly in school. There is of course an awfull lot of it to learn, and they often seem to take a boring approach to it while it could be so much fun.

Most people seem to think all crusaders where knights templar, scots wore kilts and woad paint in the middle ages, the dutch never had a strong land army, Italy was always a united country, the US won the revolutionairy war without any help, all of Cortez his men had firearms, Egypt only had egyptian pharaos, apple pie was first made by americans and yes, all indians where the same.

Such a shame that the majority of people does not even seem to care about history, since its in the past. Personly I find it intrigueing since it shaped the world we live in today.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 12:21:49 »
To that point, I wish there were was an earlier European theme. I guess that the cavemen were an attempt at that...

:lol: