Author Topic: 5401 Victorian Photographer MIB  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: 5401 Victorian Photographer MIB
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 21:43:33 »
Strictly dpeaking, Playmobil should have had the lens a brass colour and the slides should have been wood coloured in Victorian/Edwardian days.

What you need now is a black cloth to go over the camera when the photographer is focussing the picture.

Brass for the lens would be nicer. They were already using that color in the house finials, so it wouldn't have been too hard to use it for this set. I wish the tripod was wood-colored or black or even brass. The yellow is too bright.

I have tons of fabric scraps. There's black in there somewhere. The hard part is finishing, attaching and draping it in such a way that it looks natural for the scale. I may need thinner fabric.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 05:49:57 »
Very nice review, Ismene! :gent:

I've always wanted this set, but haven't yet purchased one, as they seem to sell for around $50 USD MIB.  This would be a great set for Playmobil to re-release as an Add-On with modified but realistic colors, such as the brass lens and brown tripod and slides.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 06:13:37 »
If you stalk Ebay for awhile, you should be able to get one at half that. I paid $20 plus shipping.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 06:25:05 »
If you stalk Ebay for awhile, you should be able to get one at half that. I paid $20 plus shipping.

Thanks, Ismene.  I'll keep an eye out. :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: