Author Topic: Kingdom's Map: The Empire  (Read 7138 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Kingdom's Map: The Empire
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:12:23 »
I don't feel we should kick Giorginetto out,
But I do feel that you should keep to war talk,
specifically in the WAR!!! thread. :-\

Separate from that...
I just had an idea.
What if we add a huge Empire to the map?
One that used to rules the world as we know it,
but is now soundly crushed
by various rebellions rising up,
sparking the creation of several Kingdoms. :)

Much (if not entirely like) The Roman Empire.
This could give rise to lots of ideas for creation of the world,
Rutileo (specifically) was born by ridding these enemies from their land,
but I would like to keep them on this map,
so that there could be future wars between Rutileo and this massive Empire.

However, it will of course not be the same size as it was in its glory days.
It should still be reasonable large...
I have drawn what I think it should be on the map.

Is anyone opposed to this idea?
I quite like it. :)
It will still be fairly quiet for those who do not wish to have wars in their Kingdom,
but for others, this imaginary empire could still attempt to reclaim lost lands.
It would make for good connected photo stories! :D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
Re: Kingdom's Map: The Empire
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:18:30 »
I don't feel we should kick Giorginetto out,
Of course we need Giorginetto here!
I can not exist in this map without his black (S)kull kingdom!

What if we add a huge Empire to the map?
Yes i agree with this idea.Also i believe that roman empire needs more space.

Also i need trading routes  WoT in my kingdom

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 16:29:14 »
I had thoughts of something similar in the history of my area. Four of my states were once provinces of a larger empire.

Playmovania has kept the name, Traskovania was renamed to Pavelvania after Pavel the Great
Brussovania was Brusset prior to being taken over by the Smegl, and went back to Brusset after the fall of Smegl. Since then it has been reduced by wars and treaty to just the North Brusset of today. Luxovania became Luxonia after Smegl, and later split into Upper and Lower.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 18:06:08 »
Thanks Tim and WoT for your constant efforts at getting this world map running. A common background story such as a fallen Empire that used to rule all of us and is now declining is just excellent!
I love it! Maybe it could be a chance to incorporate some Romans in the photo stories, couldn't it?

About the rest:  :hmm: Please guys, as Gis asked you already, and I fully agree: keep your character and yourself separated. When your character speaks, you could introduce his words by "As Iseroth", or "As Aun Kerac", like WoT already did in another thread. It's normal for two countries at war to insult each other, but we should all agree that there's nothing personal IRL in those posts.
Just my humble opinion, here. :wave:

Cheers,
Arnaud.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 18:19:27 »
Love your ideas WoT and Tim!!

It is really important for me when the Smegl Empire was at it's peak and decline...Tim you thought of that or...

currently writing my history as well :-)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 20:32:14 »
Here's my general timeline ideas

Nomadic Period - stone age
First there were nomadic tribes that moved onto the peninsula. The first ones end up towards the east as new ones come in and push everyone, this happens a couple of times.

Early Brusset Period - bronze age
The first settled city is Drahkmaal, in the forested mountains. It starts out as a small village built at a hot springs that develops into a religious center for the T'sa theology. The Brooseet tribe are the ones who settle it and develop the religion. Over time they build a small country in the center of the peninsula called Brusset. There are still nomadic tribes to the east and west.

Smegl Imperial Era
 The Smegl empire starts somewhere on the other side of the sound and moves around until it takes control of the peninsula. The peninsula is split into provinces and more villages and cities are founded as metal working and other crafts develop.
The Smegl Empire collapses, leaving the provinces on their own. Some have strong rulers or a history of being a country and continue on. Others fall into disarray.

Post Smegl era
 Brusset reasserts itself as a country in roughly the same profile as before the Smegl. Playmovania continues on, with the Grand Duke of Playmovania being one of the final descendants of the last great Smegl Emperor Vlade Augustovain. The Grand Dukes of the two eastern most provinces manage to maintain control over their areas, with their power centered around their capitol cities. The western areas of their provinces fall into disarray with just two small villages walling themselves off and managing to hang on as civilized spots. Those are the towns that develop into the city states of Moorsland and Cliffside.  The leader of Luxovania creates a dynasty and becomes Luxonia to the east and south of Brusset.

Early Modern era
Moorsland gains a strong and ambitious leader in time who founds the current dynasty. It expands it's territory while Cliffside stays small - just the trading city and some vineyards and orchards with rich people's villas in the nearby countryside, eventually walled in. One of the kings of Luxonia - Ixolatl the Great - has twins - a boy and a girl. Luxonia is split between them after the kings death with Upper Luxonia now being ruled by a hereditary Prince and Lower Luxonia by a hereditary Princess. During this period the Tritonians invade from the Southern Sea and take the one large harbor there, spreading out in battle until eventually settling into the current shape. I think the Tritonians might be descendents from the Avalon - Riverway area that sailed over the top of the world. They are Roman-like in their culture. In the south-east of the peninsula a new ruler comes to power and takes some of the territory of old Klastrovania and encroaches on Lower Luxonia. This becomes Salish.

Pavelonian Era
The situation on the peninsula is tense with many small battles and minor shifts of territory. Then the Grand Duke Pavel the Great came to power in Traskovania. He was very charismatic and an excellent politician. He manages to create a treaty of alliance between the different nations of the peninsula with a High King being chosen from among the rulers to settle disputes and keep things peaceful and prosperous. Pavel the Great is the first of these. His rule is long and prosperous and Traskovania is renamed Pavelvania and it's capitol Pavelton in his honour. The Alliance is called the Pavelonian Alliance and the peninsula in general is called Pavelonia.

Post-Pavel Alliance (modern) Era
The position of High King rotates among the different states, and things run along generally well. Then one day the Prince of Salish and the Princess of Lower Luxonia fall in love and marry. They have only one child, the current King Esmond. After his parent's deaths he becomes ruler of both Salish and Lower Luxonia as there are no females closely related enough to claim the throne of Princess of Lower Luxonia. This creates a good deal of tension within the alliance. Young King Esmond is sensitive to this and a good politician and manages to keep things smoothed over until he finds a wife, a young woman from far Belathre. They marry and have two children, Prince Leon of Salish and Princess Esme of Lower Luxonia. This settles thing on the peninsula back into their ordered way. King Esmond has done such a good job of handling the tensions that he is generally considered to be the next in line to be High King. This would allow him to abdicate his rulerships in favor of his children and finalize the restoration of balance.
Nothing is certain however. Borgiana The Grand Duchess of Playmovania is proud of her heritage and is said to be ambitious, perhaps even having dreams of recreating the ancient Smegl Empire. Or maybe she will just have one more of those little tea cakes with the pink icing, they are fabulous.

Nothing is written in stone and I am open to all sorts of changes on any of this, so if anyone has ideas or wants to develop something like the Smegl Empire please feel free.
I plan on doing a history section for Pavelonia with maps of each of these eras based on this write up.
One thing I know for sure is that the Portrief of T'sa, the ruler of North Brusset, wont be making an appearance until after the prehistoric series is released and I can get my hands on one of those deer headresses for him.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 20:49:39 »
Well I seem to have gotten a positive response
about adding the non-player Fallen Empire.
So I shall stick it in the World Map.

As for who was part of this Empire?
That is up for you to decide. :)

I have made a few changes, and added the Forgotten Empire to the Map.
Anyone have a cool name for this Empire? :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 20:51:36 »
The Romulan Empire  ;D

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 21:05:34 »
The Romulan Empire  ;D

I feel the eyes of Star-Trek lawyers upon us...
Lets think of a different one shall we? ;)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 21:12:33 »
The Romulan Empire  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In that case i should change the name Krull to Borg, after all the kingdom of Ithaca will be assimilated .. ooops thats for the WAR!!!  thread sorry !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: