Author Topic: F?gures Ideas  (Read 8498 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: F?gures Ideas
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 15:34:01 »
Like Annoia, the goddess of kitchen drawers which won't open because of a misplaced utensil within? (As invented by the late Sir Terry Pratchett).

:lmao:

Let's not forget... Pico, the god of roman boots... the guy made a prayer to him in the morning so they wouldn't come off.. (that was the high point of that series Britannia - horrid, but that was amazing!)

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 01:53:29 »
I've really wanted Playmobil to come out with a medieval/Renaissance plague doctor for quite some time, and I'm worried that the current situation might put that in bad taste  :-\
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 03:02:27 »
I apologize for the double post, but I just wanted to mention that I love the suggestions in this thread. Ismene mentioned a few different ballet/ballerina characters-- how about the White Swan and Black Swan from Swan Lake?

I also love Janilew's suggestion of a traditional barbershop singer character with striped suit and straw hat. I could work him into my Victorian world very nicely indeed!

I feel like the characters from Clue-- Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet, Professor Plum--could make nice figures, and could come with their various proposed murder weapons. Though this might be a bit too adult for Playmobil!
We get up at twelve and start to work at one, take an hour for lunch, and then at two we're done.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 05:19:05 »
I've really wanted Playmobil to come out with a medieval/Renaissance plague doctor for quite some time, and I'm worried that the current situation might put that in bad taste  :-\
I do know people who would snatch up such a figure despite (or because of) the current situation.

Clue would be fun. It would probably require licensing, but it's less adult than some previous klickies (like the executioner).

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 06:10:55 »
Clue (the game known as Cluedo outside North America) characters would be great! Despite murderous intents. The Ghostbusters ghosts weren't exactly benign, were they?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 21:10:04 »

I´d like such a Figure too. :uhoh:
So some time ago I made these. Their 'birdnoses' are not as large as the historically were, but I wanted to use unaltered original parts only...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Ackie

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 22:01:17 »
Hadoque I’m really liking your kitbashed Plague Doctors.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Playmobil collection is, it’s what you do with it that matters.

Offline Klicky_Ghost

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 00:20:38 »
Those are lovely, Hadoque!  :love:  Certainly far better than I could have expected using unaltered parts. Do you sell any of your custom figures? I'm sure you could make some good money on those guys alone! I think you might have more than a couple interested buyers here already!  ;D

Ismene, I don't know how I could have forgotten about the executioner! I owned him as a child, and might have been a bit too delighted with him considering he ended the lives of most of my royal court at one point or another  :-[

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 06:28:05 »
Children are more morbid than adults realize. :lol: I read Sherlock Holmes at an early age, so Clue/Cluedo toys makes perfect sense to me.

I wonder if I have a witch nose somewhere.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 08:46:05 »
So some time ago I made these. Their 'birdnoses' are not as large as the historically were, but I wanted to use unaltered original parts only...

They are appropriately creepy, I love them.