Author Topic: 5401 Victorian Photographer MIB  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: 5401 Victorian Photographer MIB
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 04:30:53 »
Thanks! The photos were a bit of a challenge because it's dark out now, so I had to rely on the daylight bulb (I should really get a second one).

:lol: After all those years in that little box, perhaps he was a bit vengeful toward humans!

I think he is, but he's stretching his legs out and should be alright in a bit. He was apparently part of a collection of photography memorabilia and cameras belonging to a photographer.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 06:36:03 »
What a lovely review and set !!! I have two of these and i love them !!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 08:36:14 »
Did you get them already assembled or did you have to put them together yourself?

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 09:10:16 »
Did you get them already assembled or did you have to put them together yourself?

The first i bought many many years ago and opened it , i stil havew that lovely sticker somewehre too of the photographer ! The second one i bought without a box but complete in my recent victorian shopping spree  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lovely klikcy but then again most of these classico victorians are so bespoke and custom look  they are simply superb !!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:39 »
I hope your assembly of it went smoother than mine.  :lol:

I like his hat. The pink bowtie, I'm not too sure about.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:19:50 »
Thank you for a very interesting review of a very nice set.

Strictly dpeaking, Playmobil should have had the lens a brass colour and the slides should have been wood coloured in Victorian/Edwardian days.

What you need now is a black cloth to go over the camera when the photographer is focussing the picture.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 18:21:49 »
What a great review of such a wonderful classic set, thank you  :gent: now if only I could find a few dozen of them inexpensively
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 19:40:05 »
That is such a lovely set the photographer looks very friendly (hope he's settling in  ;))and the camera looks very nice and detailed as well  :)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 19:53:40 »
Oh, what a lovely set!! Thanks for the pics, Ismene! :love:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 21:32:50 »
An excellent and humorous review! Thanks for the close-up pics. Interesting to see the bright yellow tripod, I hadn't really noticed it before. I usually think of sets of that era having much more realistic colors. But it's still a beautiful set!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.