Author Topic: 4745 mongolian warrior special  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: 4745 mongolian warrior special
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 11:36:16 »
A scimitar would look more accurate, I think. They had these long thin curved swords. A katana is way to far off. Never seen a playmo scimitar in silver/metal though.

About the scabbard, I think this piece is unique to this special. Should have put that in the review.
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-20-4012
are they the same? or different colour??

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:46:27 »
Yes, well spotted. I think it is the same. Same color too.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 16:05:02 »
Another good informative review, thanks Ali!

The red/yellow colors are quire accurate to the dyes available to the Mongols, so I don't mind the colors being the same as the 4926 Easter Egg Mongol. Indeed I haven't had the opportunity to get my hands on 4926 yet, it hasn't been released where I live and I'm not paying triple through eBay, but I'll be getting half a dozen of each when I can, and customising some. I hate paying for an egg I don't want anyway, I'd rather have the figure without it.

The katana is indeed a strange choice, I'd have gone with a scimitar, though the Mongols did use different styles of swords, some with just a small curve at the end not dissimilar to the Playmobil katana shape.

I hope that when the full Playmobil Club is up and running we can address questions about these design "flaws" to Playmobil and have reasoned explanations.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 16:55:36 »
Here is the 4926 Mongol! Just to compare!!! No catana here... and it might not fit, but I would prefer the special's shield to be hold by this one...

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:56 »
 Hey, that is the easter egg mongol. Without his horse. How much did you pay for it?

@ Martin,

Thanks. I don't like paying for the egg as well, but it was easter and I still had some pocket money.

The pumpkins for the Halloween sets are very expensive. A regular special kosts about 2-2,5 euro here. The dracula with pumpkin kosts 5 euro (DS price). So 2,5 - 3 euro's for the pumpkin alone!!!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 09:46:53 »
Hey, that is the easter egg mongol. Without his horse. How much did you pay for it?

@ Martin,

Thanks. I don't like paying for the egg as well, but it was easter and I still had some pocket money.

The pumpkins for the Halloween sets are very expensive. A regular special kosts about 2-2,5 euro here. The dracula with pumpkin kosts 5 euro (DS price). So 2,5 - 3 euro's for the pumpkin alone!!!
5 euro for the pumpkin sets is already very good....we need to pay 9 Euro for it :hmm:

I think owning one egg is okay, and now the more playmobil we buy, the more useless eggs are taking up my place. :(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 09:50:00 »

I think I got him for 3 euros off an ebay seller..the horse was sold seperately and at the moment I just wanted the klicky...Maybe next year they will bring these easter eggs here in greece! I will get a few more!!!

I got many easter eggs red knights ... the eggs are indeed a frastration...had to throw away 2 of them...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 10:08:27 »
Mongols is an interesting notion. I thing these klickies would fit nicely as Attila the Hun's  army .....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:28:01 by Giorginetto »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 11:47:40 »
Hannibal and mongols??? Don't you mean Atilla the hun?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 12:28:48 »
Hannibal and mongols??? Don't you mean Atilla the hun?

Yeap.. and corrected ...  :D

Though i think they could be used as an army of hannibals fighting romans , thats what i had in mind
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: