Author Topic: USA Parts Order - 3935 Flat Bed Tractor Trailer  (Read 4687 times)

Offline minimotors

• Playmo Pal
USA Parts Order - 3935 Flat Bed Tractor Trailer
« on: September 17, 2009, 22:59:55 »
Hey Folks -

Just acquired an older piece that was missing some parts.  Sent an order into Playmobil USA and most everything is Out of Stock.  Have yet to call them directly but was wondering if anytone could help me overseas/Europe......   If someone could tag my items along with one fo their orders?? 

Or possibly someone might have the parts??? 

3935 Flat Bed Tractor Trailer

Trailer Turntable   30 21 6640     Qty  1 - OUT OF STOCK
Wheels and Axles  30 82 3820    Qty  1 - OUT OF STOCK
Pin for Flatbed       30 21 3720    Qty 1 - OUT OF STOCK

I am not sure if the turntable from one of the other tractor units would fit?  Perhaps someone knows?? 

Thanks for everyones help!!

Mini

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: USA Parts Order - 3935 Flat Bed Tractor Trailer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 00:03:18 »
This is not that old of a set so they should be getting those in again . If you call they should be able to tell you when the next shipment of parts is due to arrive from Germany ( sometimes once a month ). When you call in and request a part # that is out the computer is supposed to send in an order to Germany for the next shipments
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 00:06:06 »
The USA version of DS is pathetic.  My last order for 12 parts - that was the 12 they had in stock, not the 30 I started with - I got please reorder on 4 of them.  So out of 30 parts needed, I got 8.

Anyway, back to your problem - when I go to make an order I go through playmodb.org and find parts that look like good substitutes and then rank them according to best fit. 

So in your case for trailer turntable 30 21 6640 my list would look like

trailer turntable 30 21 6640
or                   30 21 6600
or                   30 25 1770
or                   30 27 2350
or                   30 04 8650

And when I'm on the phone with the DS person, I say, oh, you're out of 30 21 6640, how about 30 21 6600 which looks like a replacement.  That way they don't complain when you order lots of parts.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 00:43:33 »
It may take up to a year to complete some projects, due to timing, discontinuations, out of stocks, backorders, etc., from USA DS. Be prepared for a lot of frustration along the way  >:(, & the feeling of accomplishment when you finally get it completed, if you ever do  :yippee:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 00:49:06 »
Here is a tip on the DS ( Direct Service by the way ) like Bill stated and you are now realizing, having "a" project can take some time to complete so what you do is create about 50 projects and you are bound to get the parts for a few of them each order  :lol: . Your list of parts to order will start looking like a 10 page spread sheet and you will be on the phone for and hour but you will loose the frustration element  :**: 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 00:57:05 »
Here is a tip on the DS ( Direct Service by the way ) like Bill stated and you are now realizing, having "a" project can take some time to complete so what you do is create about 50 projects and you are bound to get the parts for a few of them each order  :lol: . Your list of parts to order will start looking like a 10 page spread sheet and you will be on the phone for and hour but you will loose the frustration element  :**: 

So true  :lol:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline minimotors

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 01:11:58 »
Thanks for the advice guys!!   I appreciate it.  I knew some of the others looked like viable solutions so I will try some fo the additional numbers.  One fo the pieces is actually a second axle for the trailer. 

Understanding it is Sept, I am hoping to have this completed for Christmas for my son.  He has been dying for a flatbed to pull his construction trucks.   I don't want to give it to him missing pieces.....   :-[

I will keep on it.  Looks like I also need to call them back and see when the next shipment is coming in as they never mentioned it at all.............

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:05:39 »
I will keep on it.  Looks like I also need to call them back and see when the next shipment is coming in as they never mentioned it at all.............

The people on the phone are rather clueless as to shipments, etc.  They just have the database of parts and the "inventory" of parts in stock which is notoriously inaccurate.  If your not concerned about the shipping costs - call every week  ;)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 02:19:35 »
I can not remember her name but one of the gals in the 800-Parts order was always able to tell me when the next shipment was due . I would give them some time to unpack and i would have a much better chance on getting parts . Also if you know a part is out of stock it some time helps to actually ask for it anyways as the computer would recognize that somebody else requested the part  .

one time i was trying to get a train part. i kept requesting it and they told me every time it was discontinued , then all of a sudden they had a dozen and i order half of them

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 02:23:05 »
US DS is TERRIBLE! >:(  I tried to work on a handful of projects with them for three years and if it weren't for a European board member, these projects would never be finished.  I'm lucky to get one sixth of the parts I need from US DS, and these are from current sets!  They really need to get their act together.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: