Author Topic: New downloadable plans online at official site  (Read 4569 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: New downloadable plans online at official site
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 15:34:53 »
thanks for the lesson  :)9 seems easy but endless  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 16:48:26 »
thanks for the lesson  :)9 seems easy but endless  :lol:

You got that right!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 22:49:11 »
Thought I'd make a start and download some instructions, but although it shows as the set numbers I type in being available and gives me a list of page numbers, there are no pictures or text.
I tried it with a few sets - old and new but it's like that for whichever set I try.
Is it the same for anyone else or just for the UK - or just me?

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 23:00:18 »
Do you mean that the listing for the set doesn't appear at all? When I type in a set number, it shows a little preview page of the instructions, and if you click on that it brings them up in the browser, and if you click the "download" button you can open or download a PDF copy of it. It works for me on the United Kingdom site. :-\
~Pynedor~

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 00:58:08 »
Thought I'd make a start and download some instructions, but although it shows as the set numbers I type in being available and gives me a list of page numbers, there are no pictures or text.
I tried it with a few sets - old and new but it's like that for whichever set I try.
Is it the same for anyone else or just for the UK - or just me?

Elaine

The country shouldn't make a difference: it's the same page, in a frame, with different-language text, that's all. Elaine, try changing browsers: the lengths your browser has to go to, to get these downloads, are sometimes just a bit much for it!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 02:42:52 »
The preview page was blank other than a list of page numbers and when I clicked on those nothing happened.
However I've just tried it on my laptop that has Internet Explorer and it's fine, so maybe the problem is with Firefox.
But I've downloaded instructions on my pc with Firefox before with no problems.
Maybe it was just a bad time!

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 22:23:04 »
I just wanted to comment on your ongoing good work, sbblabotw. I called Playmobil in an attempt to discover the part number for the white bridal cape of set 5509, and they actually referred me to your site! But they told me to look on playmobb.org instead of playmodb.org! :lol:

Your pouncing on new instructions just shows your dedication to the project. Well done!
~Pynedor~

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 03:07:33 »
I just wanted to comment on your ongoing good work, sbblabotw. I called Playmobil in an attempt to discover the part number for the white bridal cape of set 5509, and they actually referred me to your site! But they told me to look on playmobb.org instead of playmodb.org! :lol:

Your pouncing on new instructions just shows your dedication to the project. Well done!

:wave:

It confounds me that the company itself would be using it - they should have every part number every made, why do they need me?

The Riding Stables are getting taken up: only 5221, 5225, and 5226 remain... get your bids in, folks - and always check a set before starting, just in case the work's already done. Lots left at this stage, though!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 03:27:57 »
:wave:
It confounds me that the company itself would be using it - they should have every part number every made, why do they need me?
I guess it shows how awesome the database is. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 04:05:36 »
I have also been referred to your site by the company, a few years ago before I knew anything about playmofriends. In fact, I think I found out about playmodb through an email response from them, can't quite recall.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.