Getting Started > Technical Support/Testing

Silly question

(1/3) > >>

Birdie:
This stat at the bottom of the main page caught my attention: "Most Online Ever: 917 (January 12, 2023, 09:25:39)"

What happened on the 12th of January of this year?  :uhoh: :lol:

GrahamB:
I can't answer exactly, but it's interesting that there are always lots of 'guests' on here (for example, at the moment, 34 guests and 1 user, me). Some guests do eventually join, but it's a shame Playmofriends is evidently a popular forum but there are very few of us (now) who actually contribute. Is it time to discuss giving free membership?

Birdie:

--- Quote from: GrahamB on April 17, 2023, 17:57:47 ---I can't answer exactly, but it's interesting that there are always lots of 'guests' on here (for example, at the moment, 34 guests and 1 user, me). Some guests do eventually join, but it's a shame Playmofriends is evidently a popular forum but there are very few of us (now) who actually contribute. Is it time to discuss giving free membership?

--- End quote ---

Isn't the fee mainly to avoid raids and spamming? I wonder if the trolls might have actually moved on to different areas of the internet, so we wouldn't have to worry about them either :lol:
Some of the guests are bots, though, right? It could not be an increase in bots searching for data?   

I like your idea.

tahra:
I believe some (plenty?) of those guest are indeed bots...

However, I am not sure the free membership will be such a big boost - there are LOADS of members that never posted.. look at the member list, sort by post number... (I blab).

Birdie:

--- Quote from: tahra on April 17, 2023, 19:14:50 ---I believe some (plenty?) of those guest are indeed bots...

However, I am not sure the free membership will be such a big boost - there are LOADS of members that never posted.. look at the member list, sort by post number... (I blab).

--- End quote ---

Interesting!

I've been toying with the idea of creating a Discord server, Playmofriends or playmobil enthusiasts-related, but I'm not sure if that's blasphemy - it would be meant to increase interest. Uploading pictures and quick back-and-forths are easier on Discord and maybe it can act like a gateway drug, I don't know  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version