Author Topic: 7923 Gaul Leader  (Read 1105 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
7923 Gaul Leader
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:45:47 »
through the years, I've got my shields mixed up and can't remember which ETN is which shield.
I am very sure I purchased a 30 63 9152 which is the round shield for the ds gaul leader (I dont think it is found in any other set) but upon searching my inventories, I can only find the the blue round shield.
Is any PF able to confirm what I suspect is that this blue version was actually supplied in 7923 except that the photo was never changed? Otherwise I'm not able to confirm this as a fact to Heather so she can link the set with the ETN of the shield.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: 7923 Gaul Leader
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 12:09:22 »
An image search on "playmobil 7923" shows the lightning bolt more commonly, and the swirly one occasionally - but the latter, only in stock photos. I searched through my site-scrapes from that time, and see 7923 pictures with the swirly design in 2008 and 2009 (in various countries), but lightning bolts thereafter; and in the catalogues we know about with 7923 in them, 2007 shows the swirly one and 2008 and 2009 show lightning bolts. In short, I think the swirly one is a discarded prototype. (Shame - more visually homogeneous with the oval shields.) cheng's part number is also likely to be right: I have only two round shields of unknown origin, and 30 63 9152 occurs "near" part numbers first appearing in 2007, whereas the other, 30 64 7982, occurs "near" parts first appearing in 2010.

Anyone else who ever ordered this part, please chime in - but that's good enough info for me! Tim, you may want to update your shields page. I found the part number for this Indian shield too - 30 64 0420, came with Figures Series 9 Boys.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 15:23:40 »
now I remember ordering the original round 'viking' shield with the double seahorse-looking motives (together with the oval ones 30639192) and wondered why they billed me for a "30639152 indianerschild L4/47(stock location?)" and probably thought they made a mistake.

I dont suppose the blue shield was ever put in any other set(red indians notwithstanding).

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 16:01:14 »
Yep, I keep a pretty close eye on shields and have never seen one that matched the original catalog photo. I did get the set directly from DS and it was the version shown here and at my shields page.

Thanks for that info Heather, I've made a note of it for the next update. ANd Heather I have some info for you for train set 4104, will be posting about it in full in the Trains forum next day or so.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 17:49:19 »
Never saw that first one either.. :(

It's gorgeous :love:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 01:36:40 »
I too never knew there was an alternate shield for Vercingetorix. Very nice. My GOODNESS they need to do a full Celtic theme. It would have an appeal to us US-staters similar to the appeal that the Indian theme has for Europeans.

While we're on the topic, thanks for being so OCD about the shields Tiermann. I've had recourse to your database on more than one occasion. A much appreciated service!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 10:30:49 »
anybody has the round shield with the twin-seahorse-like moitives? or was it just a sticker and never came out from production?