Author Topic: playkingdoms' Xmasy dio 2018 - The Gathering  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Re: playkingdoms' Xmasy dio 2018 - The Gathering
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 09:23:32 »
I hadn't seen that small bird nest which clips on the side of a building before- can you remember where it's from?

I have it too and use it on my 3151 Viking longhouse:
BS-Schwalbennest, Produktnr.: 30222802

In case you need the swallows:
Schwalbe, Produktnr.: 30222782
Schwalbenjunges, Produktnr.: 30222792

:wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 16:14:55 »
Nice work!  :)9

I love the dio, Queen T! Lots and lots of pics, so we can admire all the little details. I love that dragon nest and Zeppelin the hugging dragon!

Thank you :)   That's Zeppelin, ultra friendly since he first came out of the box, way back when...  ;D

I hadn't seen that small bird nest which clips on the side of a building before- can you remember where it's from?

Well, that's sorted ;)

I got it loose, so.. I had no idea  :-[

Oo-er, I have fallen foul of that rule then (as well as using the online name of an eBay seller). Still, I think I'll wait until the Geobrapolizei contact me before changing anything!

Edit: and PlaymoDB also breaks the rule (that site names cannot begin "playmo" I am assuming).

I suppose so...

I have it too and use it on my 3151 Viking longhouse:
BS-Schwalbennest, Produktnr.: 30222802

In case you need the swallows:
Schwalbe, Produktnr.: 30222782
Schwalbenjunges, Produktnr.: 30222792

Thank you :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 20:44:11 »
I shall consider that a win.

You should!  ;D

Hope you like it...

Loooooove it!!!  :love: :love: :love:  I am so happy you took all those pictures. I could look at it for ages.

The first thing that made me go: "aaawww " was the baby dragon in its nest. And the a couple of pictures further there's the momma dragon looking lovingly at her baby, it's the best  :love:

Beautiful rock formation, I have to agree.

I love how there are so many hidden caves and little details I didn't spot at first sight. Baby hydras! A hell hound (or?) carrying a bucket of water. The pregnant woman with her man. The 'no, they are for later' scene. And 'my pall here' and Lord Seagull. Little friend who looks like he's just so happy. Meatlug eating... rocks  ;D (I can go on and on)

The flying creatures are very well done, they are at exactly the right angles.

I haven't been Playmo-busy in a long time, so there are also a number of things I have never spotted before. That large cave troll cauldron is a-ma-zing! I suppose the red soup is actual Playmo? Nice touches that you added, there.

The critters discussing the racket of the Feast to come  :lol:

I feel like there needs to be a movie about these different people and creatures and animals. There's a whole story behind it and it already feels like we got to know each of them a little bit.

And this: "Worry nothhhhhhhhhh, little hornedh friendhhhhhhhhhh... I will bring you back here ssssssssssssssafe and ssssssssssssoundhhhhhhhhhhh... Just like last feasssssssssssssssssssssst...."
Brilliant  :lol:

The book you're reading in German class was a TV cartoon series when I was a kid. Loved every minute of it. The episode with the drunken weasel is still a running gag in my family  ;D

Excellent dio. I need to look at it some more now.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 08:28:20 »
You should!  ;D

I am slow.  :-[

Next one in progress (to use the base again, that is so hard to put together, and I don't like doing that)

Loooooove it!!!  :love: :love: :love:  I am so happy you took all those pictures. I could look at it for ages.

Thank you :)

The first thing that made me go: "aaawww " was the baby dragon in its nest. And the a couple of pictures further there's the momma dragon looking lovingly at her baby, it's the best  :love:

That dragon mom+baby are just adorable... I usually avoid using sets "as they are", but these...

Beautiful rock formation, I have to agree.

:)

I love how there are so many hidden caves and little details I didn't spot at first sight. Baby hydras! A hell hound (or?) carrying a bucket of water. The pregnant woman with her man. The 'no, they are for later' scene. And 'my pall here' and Lord Seagull. Little friend who looks like he's just so happy. Meatlug eating... rocks  ;D (I can go on and on)

I wanted to put both large hydras (I love them, I think they are amazing and gorgeous), but they didn't fit :( 

Those dogs are by far the BEST of all that weird theme (followed by beautiful brown torsos and arms!) - and we both ADORE THEM.

I finally made the longskirted pregnant woman (works much better for "ancient" settings), so.. had to put her in, right?

I thought it would be hard to put Meatlug in the air (btw, probably THE best sculpt of all the dragons!), so... and there was at least an ep where she ate rocks :)   (the american chicken dragon.. couldn't even figure out how to position his wings for flight... and the possibility of fallen wings would be.. high)

The flying creatures are very well done, they are at exactly the right angles.

I will pretend those were actually on purpose  ;D   I failed to straighten Hookfang, and when I showed the initial pics of the dragons to my sister, she said I should just leave him...  :P

I haven't been Playmo-busy in a long time, so there are also a number of things I have never spotted before. That large cave troll cauldron is a-ma-zing! I suppose the red soup is actual Playmo? Nice touches that you added, there.

Odd troll + cauldron is from the last Super 4 batch.. It's very nice. And yes, the "red soup" is originally there.

And this: "Worry nothhhhhhhhhh, little hornedh friendhhhhhhhhhh... I will bring you back here ssssssssssssssafe and ssssssssssssoundhhhhhhhhhhh... Just like last feasssssssssssssssssssssst...."
Brilliant  :lol:

I wanted the snake to ssssssound like a ssssnake...

The book you're reading in German class was a TV cartoon series when I was a kid. Loved every minute of it. The episode with the drunken weasel is still a running gag in my family  ;D

I didn't know these before the book... Actually.. we are STILL reading it (though I reached the end ages ago, in class they are still in the church, before reaching the park).

Excellent dio. I need to look at it some more now.

;D