Author Topic: Set 4370 - station signpost  (Read 1074 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Set 4370 - station signpost
« on: October 03, 2017, 21:59:48 »
I've got two of the station signposts from the 4370 station - see here:

http://www.playmundo.es/ekmps/shops/playmundo/images/playmobil-4202-escena-set-estacion-a-o-1987-1994--[3]-9408-p.jpg

and I cannot work out how it is possible to have signs pointing outwards.  I know that both signposts have a peg missing off the rod on which the signs are hung, but even if this were there, I still cannot work out how the signs stayed sticking out.  If I could work it out, I might be able to repair them.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Set 4370 - station signpost
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:32:29 »
I do like those signs, but I have never had one. Do the missing pegs push in to hold the signs in the horizontal position? Can you post pictures of the parts you have?

I guess one possibility is that the end of each sign has an asymmetric hole and the spindle on which they rotate has a cross-section which allows the signs to 'click' into the upper horizontal position. Hard to describe and I am sure it would be apparent with the part in front of you, sorry not much help!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Set 4370 - station signpost
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:46:34 »
I'll do as you say, Graham.  It's taken me some time to work out how the signs are put together until I came across a set of photos for an eBay item in Germany which included plans, but even then, and taking account of the fact that both signs I have have a small peg broken off, the plans don't help much.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”