Author Topic: 2018 Novelties - Xmas  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: 2018 Novelties - Xmas
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:08 »
It looks like the entire theme got downsized.  :hmm:

It's a bit of a shame I didn't get the previous nativity set, since that stable has much less of a draft. They could have saved money on the weird star arch and invested in a third wall.

Why does the "Scottish" wise man have a wand? I'm not loving the purple guy.

The angel looks like she'll get a chill. Do angels get chills?

Ah yes, I forgot that!
And now the animals are babies. Next release Joseph & Mary will be children. Arghh.

They already did that set: the pageant Christmas.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 13:54:14 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 06:17:32 »
If the old stables were normal houses, this new "stable" is like a modernist house designed in 1956 by a Finnish architect! Really "mod". I can't blame them for trying something new, they perfected the stable in Nativity III, and the figures in Nativity II and Kings II. Those will never be surpassed in my view.  8-)

peasants - they look a LOT like the previous ones... Sigh. He has the same legs, right?

Same legs, arms, hair and beard as Joseph III. Lacking III's robe, but adding a LUDICROUS hat! I suppose he's trying to "get hip" to fit in with his avant garde stable!  :lol: What about his stick though? Is that new?

Mary IV is almost exactly the same as Mary III too, just slight alterations.

Kings are okay, I'm just glad they didn't use the Egyptian crown like in III. That was very irritating. Egypt is to the WEST of Bethlehem, so the wise guys from the east can't be Egyptian.  >:(

living room.. I like the guy and the balls on the tree (MORE blinkies! GAH)

I like the tree and the card tree and...ANOTHER MINIATURE NATIVITY! This time with a different color star. COOL  :yup:

The angel looks like she'll get a chill. Do angels get chills?

Oddly enough they get chills only when exposed to the flames of Hell.  ;)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 08:28:24 »
Strangely enough they didn’t use the dromedary with the coloured eye (can be easily fixed of course), on the other hand, I really like the saddle blanket! Fits very much with the circus! Unfortunately all of it available during autumn...

I’m so glad I was able to buy the last box of Natvity III (as Macruran is referring to ;) )! That was the best one! And you even could replace the stickers on the inside wall with real Playmobil parts (one can wonder of course why Playmobil didn’t replace them in the first place). I bought some extra sheep via the DS, which had the exclusive lambs.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 08:55:00 »
What about his stick though? Is that new?

I noticed that last night too.. I think it is new!

So, for once, the best part of the peasants set is NOT the peasants?! That's bad, no?

There's the stick and the printed jug...

I bought some extra sheep via the DS, which had the exclusive lambs.

Those are so cute... I need more adult sheep though..

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:19 »
Those are so cute... I need more adult sheep though..

Indeed, I bought two of them!

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 14:35:45 »
I’m so glad I was able to buy the last box of Natvity III (as Macruran is referring to ;) )! That was the best one! And you even could replace the stickers on the inside wall with real Playmobil parts (one can wonder of course why Playmobil didn’t replace them in the first place). I bought some extra sheep via the DS, which had the exclusive lambs.

bm (if I may use the diminutive of your name) could you explain what you mean by replacing the stickers with real parts? Ideally with pics... :prays:...Those stickers are remarkably bad and I still haven't put them on, would love a different solution. Thanks in advance!

So, for once, the best part of the peasants set is NOT the peasants?! That's bad, no?

Yes, it's not great that we have Roman civilians that aren't differentiated much... :'(

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 14:44:20 »
bm (if I may use the diminutive of your name) could you explain what you mean by replacing the stickers with real parts?

Maybe using the real woodpile instead of the lame sticker?  The stupid stickers put me off as well. Stickers of a shelf with EXISTING playmothings on it. Looks so... bad. Lame. Unplaymolike.

Yes, it's not great that we have Roman civilians that aren't differentiated much... :'(

Yes, there are so few of them already :(

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 15:27:21 »
bm (if I may use the diminutive of your name) could you explain what you mean by replacing the stickers with real parts? Ideally with pics... :prays:...Those stickers are remarkably bad and I still haven't put them on, would love a different solution. Thanks in advance!

bm is okay for sure :captain: or just Boris

Well, tahra explained it quite good, hereby with pictures:

The stable (with the stickers visible on the inside wall):

The wood pile (and even the mouse) can be replaced by part 30513830:

The hay (on the left part of the wall) can be replaced as well, enough examples I guess ;) a nice one could be 30070870:

Apart from these "details", this was the best Nativity stable until now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 16:10:01 by bml87 »

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 13:26:23 »
Thanks Boris! Great idea, except for one small detail: the official name of that "hay" part is...

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30070870

"DUNG HEAP II"  :o

I can't put a heap of dung in a Nativity!  :lol: 8}