Author Topic: 4226 wheelchair and patient  (Read 3875 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4226 wheelchair and patient
« on: April 11, 2007, 15:15:09 »
Here's a review of the wheelchair and patient set in the new Klinik theme.

Here in some ways the theme seems to maybe extend beyond the idea of the hospital to the care home as the patient is an old gentleman and his attendant is less formally dressed, but that perception may just be because of my age!

The wheelchair is a re-use of the moulds for the modern wheelchair from the 3928 set but with the frame in red and the seat and footrests.  A System-X connector is used to secure the seat in place to the base of the wheelchair frame.

The footrest can be folded down or up.  In the up position it holds the patient in place.

Overall, the design of the wheelchair is quite "flash", almost sporty!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4226 wheelchair and patient
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 15:23:42 »
Two figures come with the set - a female attendant/nurse and a bearded old gentleman in a rather institutionalised-looking striped, collarless shirt type top.

The box back shows the items in the set, with the usual 1cm squared background and size indicator.

The box front shows the attendant pushing the old gentleman in the wheelchair and the artist seems to have had a bit of fun with the expression on the attendant's face as it is definitely not the standard Playmobil smile.  It looks very much as if the old gentleman has been a rather tiresome and irritating patient!

Another nice little set, not originally on my shopping list but bought because the new medical theme has really caught my attention (although I won't be buying the paramedic car as it doesn't appeal to me). 

Hope you enjoyed this little review, and thanks for your time.  With the continued good weather here in the UK, I hope to get out and do the review on the medical helicopter in the next few days.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 14:04:26 »

Another fine review, Gordon ...

Fortunately, this one did NOT stir up any memories ...  :lol:

BTW, this is the klicky that Jochen "scalped" for my avatar ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 15:23:28 »
Thanks for your comments, Richard.  I noticed that it had the same hairstyle as your avatar.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 17:46:24 »
Thanks for your comments, Richard.  I noticed that it had the same hairstyle as your avatar.

;D  Yes, actually  I have taken it from this set  ;)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 23:03:22 »
The box front shows the attendant pushing the old gentleman in the wheelchair and the artist seems to have had a bit of fun with the expression on the attendant's face as it is definitely not the standard Playmobil smile.  It looks very much as if the old gentleman has been a rather tiresome and irritating patient!

lol
You're right. The smile does look rather forced. ;D

I think it's because her eyebrows are printed too close to her eyes. It gives the impression she is frowning slightly.

Thanks for the review, Gordon. :)
The chair does have a very state-of-the-art look about it. I'm quite impressed with the whole set. 8-)