Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199533 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #1560 on: July 07, 2018, 08:11:19 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1561 on: July 07, 2018, 08:12:25 »

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1562 on: July 07, 2018, 08:13:29 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1563 on: July 07, 2018, 08:14:27 »

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1564 on: July 07, 2018, 08:22:26 »

Enjoy  :munch:

Thank you for following this little episode  :)

You may have recognized amongst these pictures the beautiful customs creqted by our Friends PLAYMOLEO ( London Victorian Bus °, NICKELE ( Driver and Controller of the 1900 Bus °, EURIPO ( Sport Coupe Car ), INCADOR ( The Victorian Street Children )  :love: :love: :love:

To be continued  :wave:...

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1565 on: July 07, 2018, 08:47:41 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

All absorbed by this project and being of a rather positive and enthusiastic disposition, I have not yet asked myself if the Playmo compatibility of a project mixing the Playmobil Victorian theme and the Sylvanian New Town Series would be welcomed or not in the Playmo forums. I know that such a visible presence of Sylvanian buildings on this diorama may not meet the seal of approval of some but I must admit that since the very large customized No1 Regent St Mansion could not make it accross the Channel, the Sylvanian collection offers a great alternative option with nicely presented buildings reminiscent of a baroque style very much in tune with 1900 diorama and the colour scheme of the Playmobil Victorian figures.

This was a real experience for me to take miniature pictures again, my first in 3 years starting in April with a presentation of the Sylvanian New Town sets and more recently with the return of my little Victorians. Those who know my photographic style will have certainly guessed that I have changed camera with a NIKON Coolpix which has replaced my good old reliable PRAKTIKA from 2004 which has taken 1000's of pictures of the Regent St projects.

When I was shooting the first pictures of New Regent St, I asked myself briefly if such a project was still relevant in 2018 - as started in 2011 - and I soon came to the conclusion that now more than ever we all need a little poetic touch of innocence and grace in our lives - I certainly do - through these little stories of life in 1900's London.

It was imperative to me to create a little story in which I would be able to present the wonderful customs created for the Regent St project by my Friends from the online Playmo forums.

And once this introduction done, this diorama will become a blank canvas upon which will evolve Mr FIRMIN and Miss PERIWINKLE, Gardeners Extraordinaires as well as the builders of what will become New Regent St, not to forget the Electricity Fairy, of course  ;)

Please do not hesitate to share with me your comments and suggestions as I will get along with the project in this Making Of which I will try to present in as many details as possible.

Thank you for welcoming again my little Victorians and I wish you a great week-end  8-)

Your Friend Karim :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1566 on: July 07, 2018, 19:55:36 »
Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

Would you believe that this thread has been viewed 100 000 times so far  :omg: :yippee:

Thank you so much to all of you who are following the adventures of my little Victorians and the Making Of the New Regent ST diorama  :**:

Karim

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #1567 on: July 08, 2018, 10:19:43 »
Quote from: playmovictorian
I have not yet asked myself if the Playmo compatibility of a project mixing the Playmobil Victorian theme and the Sylvanian New Town Series would be welcomed or not in the Playmo forums.

I love those houses and how well they go with Playmobil, so it is certainly welcome by me!

Those street children with their patched clothes and bare feet are wonderful.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1568 on: July 09, 2018, 08:58:11 »
Thank you so much for your comment dear Friend  :wave:

The Street Children are indeed wonderful and were created by my Belgian Friend INCADOR ( Danielle )  :love:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #1569 on: July 09, 2018, 09:40:12 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

On this side of the Channel, the activity is being rather intense at my hotel and England is basking in what can only be described as a permanent heatwave with a severe draught which has been going on for a month and a half, in a country famous for its temperate climate and lush green scenery. I look after all the little furry and feathery friends of the park located righ outside my windows, providing them daily with an accessible bowl of fresh water, dried fruits and seeds for the delight of squirrels, red breast, blackbirds, during that heavy heat which is affecting us all - especially for those like myself who work long hours. These little squirrels will also be present on my diorama to come as a little reference to my little furry neighbours. By the way, if your part of the world is experiencing a draught or heatwave, please be so kind as to leaving a low accessible bowl of fresh water for all these passing by little friends who will be so grateful for that gesture  :thanks: )

A reckless car can hide another or the whirring arrival of the Society Gossip Columnist Louella Parsons who's acidic articles do and undo reputations, the one at the very source of all published scandals, the one & only "London Devil"

As our Friends are only just recovering from the whirring arrival of journalist Samuel Carter from the London Times, a reckless speeding car enters Regent St. Driven by the sidekick of the most formidable Society Gossip Columnist of London, Luella Parsons. The presence of these 3 unsympathetic and scheming with methods of investigation as unscrupulous as questionable, may only mean one thing : celebrities of the moment are expected today on Regent St.

And as a young Lady is recovering from a narrow escape from being hit by Louella Parsons limousine, the crowd is starting to gather for an event that will make tomorrow's newspapers headlines  ;)

Karim