Author Topic: Impressions from Playmobil Convention 2006 in Wolfsburg (Germany)  (Read 15799 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Impressions from Playmobil Convention 2006 in Wolfsburg (Germany)
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 06:03:10 »
Oh, and I forgot to show this nice submarine from the "Lost World" diorama (by Rotrock).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 06:17:12 »
So is the Pied Piper (Ratcatcher) of Hameln an internationally known tale? (I'm not sure about this, 'cause it's a German town, and maybe only a regional "fable")

Wow, I'm really impressed! You're absolutely right. You know cars very well? (Or just this particular?)
Although these three little icons in the bottom half of the dispaly are not correlated to the tyres but  are indications whether the backseats are occupied and those passenders have fasten their seatbelts -- I'm just mentioning it, 'cause my first idea seeing these icons the first time was that they are a bottom half cross-section of a tyre  :-[

I certainly read or had read to me, maybe both, the story of the Pied Piper of Hamelin and I'm sure we had a book of stories at junior shcool with it in.  So yes, it is international.  In fact, having searched google on how to spell Hamelin, I see Robert Browning the English poet (1812-1889) wrote a poem of the Pied Piper and having looked that up on the web I recognise that as one version I read.  Here's a link:

http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/curriculum/literacy/lit_site/html/fiction/Pied_Piper/pages/master_frame_verse.htm

As for cars, I have a two year old A Klasse, but recently had one of the new ones for a day when mine was in the garage.  That had the tyre monitor on (one tyre lost air during the day) but it never occurred to me that the symbol was to show whether the back seats were in use.  I think most drivers would notice that! :)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 09:08:30 »
Hi Jochen!

You should have told me before....  ::)
I spent all three days at the convention.
Too bad. I would have enjoyed chatting with you a little bit...
I took a lot of pictures as well.

The ratcatcher-diorama is by gassy btw. ;)

I took literally thousands of pictures as well, but these days
I hardly find time posting them. I posted some of them at
playmo-forum, you might have a look here:
http://www.playmo-portal.com/playmobilforum/wob-2006---dioramen-bilder-t9230.html

I enjoyed meeting some international visitors from the playmoboard there,
namely bina, nessie, brubil, disnoke and janette... :)

best regards,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 00:15:10 »
Thanks for posting such great photos Jochen! It is almost as good as being there in person.

Of course, the Dolphin was my single favorite piece - MacGayver is a master!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 02:52:12 »
Thanks for the pics Jochen, I'm glad you got a chance to go. :)
Maybe next year...

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 05:24:31 »
You should have told me before....  ::)
I spent all three days at the convention.
Too bad. I would have enjoyed chatting with you a little bit...

Well, as I said, a more or less spontaneous decission ...

So I prepared a  T-Shirt the evening before, in case that somebody might know/recognize me. I think, it's rather difficult at such events, only knowing the avatar of somebody ... and especially on the German board I only know those few avatars that are also represented here.  If you ask me, it should be obligatory to every board member to wear such a T-Shirt on those events  ;D  :lol:

Yes, would have been enyoable to talk in real life. Maybe in September in Munich on the PlaymoWelten exhibition, or maybe next year in Wolfsburg again (I've seen the date is already fixed).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 16:40:13 »
That t-shirt is an excellent idea and beautifully produced.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 17:38:28 »
That t-shirt is an excellent idea and beautifully produced.

Ditto. I really like it also. :)
You should get someone (Kay, perhaps?) to take a photo of you wearing it so we can see how the real shirt looked. ;)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 20:15:15 »
That is a very cool shirt - and a wonderful idea to identify yourself to fellow board members! Good job all around.

Maybe we all need to make shirts for ourselves in preparation for any eventual Playmofriends convention?
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 01:09:44 »
Well, when I was to meet someone I just had my klickie avatar in a shirt pocket.

It may get a bit difficult with lots of people, but they knew me at first sight.

Meg