Author Topic: 4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...  (Read 24162 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: 4611 Royal Guard special...old and new...
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 17:11:31 »

in which set was this flag available richard?? i know it is from 3112 prison but the one you show separately has different clips so it can be hang on a stick??

Set 5775 was one of the sets.

see attachments

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 17:22:50 »
thank you richard  :) the 5775 is the same ship as 3860  http://www.collectobil.com/images/items/3860.jpg  with only difference the sails?? are the stickers the same??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 17:59:00 »

Panos, as you may already know, naval (and army) uniforms were slow to change even after the orders went out for everyone to adopt the new uniforms. There were several reasons for this:
1. Mail was very slow in those days (especially if you were on the "far side of the world").
2. Getting the new uniforms made, shipped and delivered could take months (even years).
3. Reluctance on the part of officers and crew to replace good uniforms with something different.
4. And, I'm sure that there may have been some other reasons that I can't think of ...

The Playmobil blue "Royal Harbour Guard" were probably styled after the French of that period. The flag has a "fleur de lis" and the figure on the far right in set 7587 certainly looks like a French naval officer. And, let us not forget those French moustaches ...  :klickygrin:

see attachments

All too true Richard!! Communictions were very difficult...Particularly interesting is the notion of reluctance... Many officers might have wore the new uniforms but they surely kept a lot from the old ones as well to wear as accessories...

And probably true that playmobil, after issuing the english redcoats, wanted to produce a french uniform...although hats show a great difference in the time period....

I also think you have issues with this french moustache.....don't you Richard? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 18:02:45 »
good buy pano !!!!strange klicky to buy a lot of them ussaly i buy romans and knights on quantities!! looking forward to see them in action  :) .why you didn't buy them from playmobil as you were a strore they would come much cheaper i think !!!!!! can this happen??

No strange at all Alex!! I am a fan of naval history, and of course service in the navy drives you to become fanatic....I really love that period of history...and the uniforms (appart from the seabattles) especially!!!
I think that if i contacted playmobil hellas and asked them for a 100 of these they might have freaked out...and besides...its more fun to chase them around....

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 18:03:19 »
thank you richard  :) the 5775 is the same ship as 3860  http://www.collectobil.com/images/items/3860.jpg  with only difference the sails?? are the stickers the same??

The stickers are the same as far as i know but yes the sails are different...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 18:21:13 »
No strange at all Alex!! I am a fan of naval history, and of course service in the navy drives you to become fanatic....I really love that period of history...and the uniforms (appart from the seabattles) especially!!!
I think that if i contacted playmobil hellas and asked them for a 100 of these they might have freaked out...and besides...its more fun to chase them around....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: true !!! it's the same on the toy store if you buy 56 of them !!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 18:23:07 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: true !!! it's the same on the toy store if you buy 56 of them !!

At any toy shop the counter will always ask me ''is it for a present?'' And you should see their face reaction when i reply... ''no, its for me!!!!'' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 18:34:55 »
you say that!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ i'am emabaresed to say it's for me hopefull they never ask !! a little girl once asked me i was about 15 i don't remember what i answered but i would never forget it because i was embaresed :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 18:39:13 »
you say that!!!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ i'am emabaresed to say it's for me hopefull they never ask !! a little girl once asked me i was about 15 i don't remember what i answered but i would never forget it because i was embaresed :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Never be embarassed!!! 90% of all the counters are female and I love freaking them out like that!!!!  ;D ;D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 18:47:31 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: if you think it that way ok !!!
The spirits rule !!!!