Author Topic: 70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1  (Read 6536 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1
« on: March 28, 2020, 22:08:15 »
Hi all, I really like the sweets themes and so had to get a set of these Everdreamerz figures. To ensure I got the chase figure Balloon Lady I went ahead and got a full case. As far as case contents go there were 4 of most figures, 2 of Balloon Lady, 2 of Mrs Bubble Gum, and 8 of Toothache. There may be some variation case to case but I suspect Mrs Bubble Gum is short packed because of the specialty parts in her set - that bubble gum ball machine.

Here are just the figures without all the accessories. I will post each figure with comments here. They can be seen at my website as well

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 22:10:34 »
In the order they appear on the brochure - first up is Mrs Ice Clown

Speedo style figure with a tutu, interesting waffle cone hat. The ice cream is shiny and not the usual flat colors

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 22:13:31 »
Lady Nightmare

Lots to love here. Great figure with a chocolate cherry motif. The Fairy Queen hair from the Super 4 theme used here, with a little black rubber band that goes around the top of the hair. Nice concept for that.  Narrow cape with collar, brown umbrella. Cherry baked goods wit the individual slice on a server piece as well.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 22:16:51 »
Mrs Milkshake

Wonderful 50s Diner look to this one. Having her on a skateboard is kind of odd, but maybe fits with the Back to the Future theme this year. She would fit into any diner, but note there is a little ice cream painted on the tops of the sides of here arms under the puff sleeve. Might need to erase that off if you are using for a classic past diorama. The blender is very light pink. Ice cream is flat on this one, not the glossy type.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 22:21:29 »
Mr Cookie Bear

We are seeing the bear suit showing up in a couple of themes this year after it's debut with that skiing set a couple of years ago. (shows up in the Scooby Doo Ghosts figures too) The brown klicky under the suit is pretty interesting too. The cookies are flashlight ends that have been printed. I get the pitcher and mug for milk to go with the cookies, but the purple bucket? They couldn't do a theme without a bucket in it I guess? They had a bunch left over from the Milka specials?

Will just note here that the charms that look like cupcakes have a thick pin on the top that fits into the bottom. This is different from the actual cupcakes top mold and so they can't be used with normal cupcake bottoms without modification.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 22:24:05 »
Kimby

Kimby is a lemon themed look, and has those flashlight covers printed as lemon slices this time.Mushrooms with unique stems and tops.
On the brochure that is included with each set she is called Kimberly, on the collector card and elsewhere it is Kimby. I think auto-correct fixed their brochure for them and nobody caught it.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 22:25:33 »
Karmela

Karmela is the Lime alter ego of Kimby. Similar but different in a lot of ways. Love the hair, has lime slices and the mushrooms are different base colors. I like them together as a lemon-lime duo.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 22:28:49 »
Mr Chocolicious

The big belly dwarf body type in brown with stripes and colored sprinkles. Candy bars or brownies on a tray, plus doughnuts and a chocolate bar. The bar shows up in Toothache too. Ghostbusters green slime splat done here in flat brown. Chocolate on the face and bandanna, I could see that turning up in customs and dioramas at mealtimes.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 22:31:18 »
Mr Rides

Bubble Gum Carnival theme here, cards are typical with green backs. His hair is metallic gold - could be useful for gold statues. Keys in teal?
Bubble Gum Pink rat!! Generally I am way over the pink everything, but love this guy. Just the concept of a bubble gum rat delights me for some reason.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 22:33:51 »
Mrs Bubble Gum

From just the figure images this one excited me the least. But when you see the accessories she has the bubble gum machine. Love that piece. The top clear part comes assembled with the balls inside. The set also comes with loose balls in a bag with some of the other small parts. Directions for assembling the bubble gum machine are printed on the secondary sticker sheet. Light pink tennis racket, and interesting colored hair.