Author Topic: 6817 deer family and 6818 bee keeper  (Read 2956 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: 6817 deer family and 6818 bee keeper
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 21:39:06 »
I'm excited for the new Birch tree... and the bee keeper set is nicer than I had imagined that it would be. 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 22:11:56 »
Both must haves for me. The bee keeper is something you need at least three of I think, or at least I do.

Yup, three is a minimum (at least from what I've seen). I might order a few more.

The butterflies look the same as the old ones, but they've given them new numbers for some reason. Are they the same or have they changed the plastic or something?

To me they look exactly the same. The printing is red on one of them, and fuschia pink on the other two. Is that new?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 22:25:30 »
No both colors have been around a long time.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 22:38:30 »
Well on the plus side, the bee keeper has a nice neckpiece thats great for medieval. Yellow boots will be harder to put to use though, but she has nice hair too. So at least with many bee keepers, theres some usefull parts there.

Thanks for pointing this out, Rhalius! I'll put the set on my wish list now: the hive & bees are just splendid, and the figure will be gratefully disassembled.

StJohn :wave:

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 08:49:16 »
Thank you for the pictures. Love the beehive!
Little Bambi is also very cute.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 11:23:08 »
Thanks for the reviews! Can't wait to get the beekeeper for sure. Such a great and original set. And I hadn't noticed the tiny baseplate before, how cute!

But, is it me or does the lying down fawn look a little... funny? There's just something a little off about it to me, I can't put my finger on it. It doesn't look all that Playmobil to me. Maybe I will like it better in person.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 21:37:58 »
I had need of a bee keeper set a couple of years ago. I contemplated buying the Calico Critters one, as it had very cute accessories, and I probably would have adapted a klickie with the fencing headgear. Alas, the CC one wasn't available in Canada, discontinued in Europe and all second hand markets were crazy expensive. So I'm glad to finally (well, when it gets released here...) be able to have a bee keeper!

I think it's a very intereresting "slice of life" set!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 16:23:20 »
But, is it me or does the lying down fawn look a little... funny? There's just something a little off about it to me, I can't put my finger on it. It doesn't look all that Playmobil to me. Maybe I will like it better in person.

Hmmm I dunno, I think it looks like Playmobil alright, but because there are no moving parts it might seem a bit off.

I contemplated buying the Calico Critters one, as it had very cute accessories

That one is still on my wish list. It is adorable  :love:

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 05:31:50 »
Oh my goodness bees. All my life I've wanted to raise bees. They may be my favorite animal. I'm so excited Playmobil will release a beekeeping set. Like, irrationally excited. Watery eyes excited. How many more months til it's released in the US? I may die waiting.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 11:02:48 »
Oh my goodness bees. All my life I've wanted to raise bees. They may be my favorite animal. I'm so excited Playmobil will release a beekeeping set. Like, irrationally excited. Watery eyes excited. How many more months til it's released in the US? I may die waiting.

Probably not until next year
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)