Author Topic: 5562 - Beavers with Naturalist - A Review and a What Happened Next  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Beavers and a dog, and a great klicky with a great backpack - and a very interesting tree!

In the photo above, the different colour of the top part of the tree is very obvious.  It is not so obvious in reality, but I will see if I can find better matching parts.  The chewed-wood parts of the tree will fit into other tree parts:

The box shows the tree falling.

Reproducing this is not very easy, and may result in a stunned beaver.

The fallen part of the tree needs to be firstly supported on a little branch which slots into the lower tree trunk. 

This little branch then needs twisting round to the ideal supportive position.

Then the leaves which touch the ground also need twisting round until they support the chewed-parts perfectly.

The beavers, incidentally, are darker than the ones I already had - shown here on the right:

Also on the box, a beaver is shown balancing between its toes and tail, in order to be the correct height for tree chewing.

I couldn't make it look quite so good.  It needs a handy plant or something hiding its tail-balancing, I think.

So, I just sat the beaver next to tree, and said to Mr Raven, who had bought me this set, thinking it would be useful for my new zoo, 'Look! It's cool, isn't it?'

Then.....

.... he said, 'Why is that beaver worshiping the tree?'

Next thing I know, there's a whole bunch of beavers worshiping the tree.

And then they brought candles and offerings.

And now I've got the image of tree-worshiping beavers totally stuck in my brain.  I don't want tree-worshiping beavers in my zoo!

But I've already drawn the zoo map, and it has a beaver exhibit:

Maybe there won't be any trees in it.  Maybe all the trees will be have been already chewed into unworshipable branches.  Maybe the beavers will be asleep.  Or at the dentist's.  Or something.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 5562 - Beavers with Naturalist - A Review and a What Happened Next
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 13:59:30 »
Well, it looked just like they were worshipping, that's all.  ;D
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 14:35:40 »
You could put in a before and after picture . Before would (punning intended) be a tree, after would be a totem pole , then the worshiping could begin

Thanks for the pictures, we really want a few of this set

Just can not get enough beaver and I have never had this darker beaver. Looking forward to more beaver in our dio's

Beavers worshiping wood  :love: very funny
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 20:05:10 »

ENGARDE!

CRASH!

...and that folks is why you don't bring a stick to a tree fight.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 20:23:13 »
Thank you.

And now, already having a need to avoid tree-worshiping beavers, I am now going to see that any beaver with a stick is actually using it as a weapon against trees.

I think that my zoo-beavers are going to have a total tree and branch aversion.  Maybe they can live in a house and bake cookies and watch TV.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 20:33:00 »
 ;D :xmascheer:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 21:02:04 »
This topic is just SO funny! Thanks for making my day!

I needed cheering up after Toby Goes to the Zoo came to an end.

:lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 21:23:14 »
;D

Looking forward to that set - I really like the man's hair... The tree doesn't look good fallen, imo...

And I didn't realize the beavers are a different color...

Next thing I know, there's a whole bunch of beavers worshiping the tree.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 21:23:41 »
Very funny, and a great looking set. Will get it the next 20% off sale they have

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 10:12:56 »
I agree!  Love the humor...

Hate the spoiler for your next zoo... now we shall impatiently await it.... Like I can talk... I've been in the planning stages of mine for 2 years now!

Thank you for the review... I was on the fence about "needing" this set in the next few orders, but now it's been upgraded.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)