Author Topic: The lady's not for bending  (Read 3745 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
The lady's not for bending
« on: December 13, 2013, 19:42:51 »
I missed Tahra's review of the new fairy sets back in April (here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12755.msg238013;topicseen#msg238013), so I was surprised when examining this klicky (from 5445) we received in a lot of figures from Malta (where else?).

She doesn't bend in the middle (she can't therefore sit, bow, or paint her own toenails!). Tahra used the apt term 'non-sitting' for this klicky design. Having popped her (something Tahra does not mention doing), I shouldn't think her body-parts (except for head and arms) will exchange with other klickies, either, except other klickies with this design, such as the fairies in 5444 and 5447, the purple lady in Mystery Series 6 and the purple fairy and Indian lady in Mystery Series 7 (the latter has a different dress shape).

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: The lady's not for bending
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 20:03:46 »
The torso looks like it could be switched with swimsuit klickys? Do you have any to try it out? I'm interested to know if those torsos are the same. She is beautiful, btw.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 20:12:33 »
that is weird and an unwelcome change in klickies. More that will not be interchangeable with all the others. It looks like she could almost rotate at the hips. She is a good looking klicky but I do not like the lack of movement.

And those toe nails do need painting

Is Geobra going to go back to the non twisting wrists ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 21:23:06 »
I popped the.. healer fairy? (one of those) before - in the PROCESS somewhere.

Torso is the same. Arms are FEMALE SKINNY ARMS. No, I'm not over this.

Edit: PROCESS here: LINK

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 00:34:40 »
The torso looks like it could be switched with swimsuit klickys? Do you have any to try it out? I'm interested to know if those torsos are the same. She is beautiful, btw.

good question bb! I wonder if speedodad might consider cross-dressing with that beautiful skirt and rapunzel hair

thanks for this GrahamB(ell)
merry christmas everyone!
 :xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:55:13 »

Yes, the swimsuit torso is compatible with her legs, as Tahra pointed out above. I should have realised that possibility, BB. I didn't try a male torso, however....

I wonder if speedodad might consider cross-dressing with that beautiful skirt and rapunzel hair

... that looks like a distinct possibility for creating some more of Tonguello's 'X-men' (I'm still laughing about that one!)

It looks like she could almost rotate at the hips.

I wondered about that too, but the prongs prevent it- mind you some ingenious customiser may find a way....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 12:35:15 »
Works fine with male torsos too... Pic later....

Edit: And here's the speedo fixed skirt with a male torso. And male arms, of course (  >:( yes, I'm gonna go on mentioning this blunder until I am over it - not anytime soon, I think). My sister says he looks nice... so, who knows  ;)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 22:05:33 by tahra »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 00:44:10 »
very interesting looking, If the print is removed does it still has that sparkle look to it, like the old clowns w/sparkles. Do these legs w/skirt come in a normal color? 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 21:06:49 »
Works great as a sarong on the male figure I think - would look good on tropical island settings.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 22:49:14 »
Works great as a sarong on the male figure I think - would look good on tropical island settings.

That is what I also was thinking, but to me the sparkly color is not ideal. If it was in a solid neutral color that would look better in my opinion