Author Topic: 5919 Soldiers Fort and Small Pirate Ship  (Read 20109 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 5919 Soldiers Fort and Small Pirate Ship
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 15:09:02 »
It's a bummer - it's true. But with the vikings etc at least they DID swap some accessories around: a different hat here, a different cape there. In the 90s - we call it the golden age of PM - it was even worse. You got two IDENTICAL fleur de lys soldiers in two different sets, and there were other examples!

well, i dont mind uniformity in a medieval guard, on the contrary if i get different medieval soldier i turn them into a uniform army, but I do mind with vikings, pirates, medieval folk...this guy for example,30 00 7040 - Pirate, short red beard, green coat he is a viking and a pirate  8} :lol:

And look at this klicky 30 13 0700 - Chieftain of the Wolf Clan how similar he is with this one 30 13 0770 - Dragon Catapult operator, brown hair and beard, eyepatch used twice and on different roles in the theme  ::)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 15:29:18 »
30 00 7040 - Pirate, short red beard, green coat he is a viking and a pirate  8} :lol:

At least he has a cool torso that can be combines with other pants/legs arms etc to make some nifty villagers... provided of course that you have some other use for 1000 pairs of red pants :)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 15:45:24 »
True ... true.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 17:47:18 »
not sure i like the greenish deck of the boat.  does it glow in the dark? (would seem to be better used as a ghost ship version).

the only thing that bugs me is the pirate has medieval shoulder sleeves.  Maybe the pirate just came from a Renn Faire?

The fort appears to be a simple tower from a system x castle.  At least it has a working door on it that can be used for parts.  My Knights Empire Castle towers have no doors on them whatsoever....I wonder if it would fit over the recently debated Castle bathroom wall?
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 17:55:07 »
not sure i like the greenish deck of the boat.  does it glow in the dark? (would seem to be better used as a ghost ship version).

the only thing that bugs me is the pirate has medieval shoulder sleeves.  Maybe the pirate just came from a Renn Faire?

The fort appears to be a simple tower from a system x castle.  At least it has a working door on it that can be used for parts.  My Knights Empire Castle towers have no doors on them whatsoever....I wonder if it would fit over the recently debated Castle bathroom wall?

Yeah I prefer the brown decks as well, Atto. The sleeves are more roman-like than medieval. I hate playmobil using these slevesn throughout their themes... Pirates, roman, knights... come on!!!  ::)
Yes the little system x dungeon/fort/latrine  :lol: can be used on the Knights Empire Castle.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 18:20:44 »
Think of them as stripped sleeves that have been rolled up. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 18:26:50 »
Think of them as stripped sleeves that have been rolled up. :)

Sorry I cant'.  You know me, I operate in specific and strict parameters  :lol:  I have a huge pile of them unused... I've only kept the ones on te green dragonland knights, and that only for archers and pikemen.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 18:58:59 »
Not so much a fort, more a coastal lookout post/tower which can be used as a signal/warning station of a pirate attack and maybe delay their landing while reinforcements arrive.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 19:17:48 »
Not so much a fort, more a coastal lookout post/tower which can be used as a signal/warning station of a pirate attack and maybe delay their landing while reinforcements arrive.

thats the most logical suggestion Gordon!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 19:18:18 »
I love this set  :'(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com