Author Topic: A Proposal: Mobil FunParks.  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
A Proposal: Mobil FunParks.
« on: August 25, 2010, 13:54:32 »
I propose “Mobil FunParks” as an advertising campaign. The national branches select a few big-ticket sets, say 1Ø (Ø5 ‘boy’ and Ø5 ‘girl’), probably best sellers that go to various events (from comic book conventions to gun shows). Parents can then bring their kids by the Playmobil booth, which is essentially a small FunPark, for a set amount of time (whether it’s 1Ø minutes or 1Ø hours). When the time is up, the kids receive a keychain klicky and the parents receive a pamphlet with more themes and more pics to see what’s available, national contact info, and even local stores.
Some flexibility on the sets brought out would be part of the program; Event-specific sets could be brought out for themed events (for example, a pirate heavy set selection for a pirate fair, a castle-heavy selection for a Renfair.)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: A Proposal: Mobil FunParks.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 15:23:17 »
Hi Andy R!  :wave:

They used to have something like this here in Germany:
http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-DE-Site/de_DE/Link-Page?cid=ATTRAKTIONEN_2009

It was free of charge and typically combined with promotion of the new releases and a lottery where you could win some nice (and sometimes limited) articles!  :D

It might be a good idea to introduce something like this on the US market as well.  :)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 18:00:00 »
It was free of charge and typically combined with promotion of the new releases and a lottery where you could win some nice (and sometimes limited) articles!  :D
¡Oh, that’s a GREAT idea! (The part about winning a prize, that is… The part about promotion and being free was an assumed, at least for me.)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 18:14:42 »
Sounds a good idea, and for the UK market too.  Some years ago Playmobil had some displays going round major cities, maybe similar to what Andy R suggests.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”